“Exciting adventure but you will leave hungry”
Review of Saigon

Saigon
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Rivonia
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Exciting adventure but you will leave hungry”
Reviewed January 15, 2014

We enjoy experiencing different cultures. If you like small bowls of different sauces and bits of this and bits of that to dip in here and there, then you could find it exciting. Overall, it was a pleasant experience, I would do it again - but we did stop by MacDonalds on the way home.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank WarriorBunny

“Excellence”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Food and experience is absolutely worth going!! Full experience of vietnamese food at its best! Bringing home the vietnamese food experience!
I'll go back again and again!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“What a pity. A great restaurant gone bad. ”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Saigon restaurant is in Rivonia, Johannesburg, about 1km/ 0.6 miles off the freeway.
I went there for a business lunch about a week ago.
It had been over a year since I had gone there before and remembered it as a great restaurant with fantastic food and a great vibe.
This time, it was virtually empty, the food was very average and although the waiter was good and attentive the whole atmosphere was simply non existent.
I did have a slight problem with the cost of one meal and asked the waiter to call the manager as I wanted to speak to him about it.
The waiter returned after a few minutes and said the manager said "he was to busy to talk to me and anyway that was the price so just pay it"
As I stated the restaurant had maybe another 10 guests at the time.
I paid and we walked out, never to return.

1 Thank Clive V
Pretoria
“Poor food and poor experience”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

My wife and I visited the restaurant in June 2013. The sushi was fresh. I had ordered seafood hot plate hoping to be a special experience. It was disappointing in that the actual seafood was very small, perhaps a spoon and a half. Inside there is not a thing that is outstanding, starting with the staff, decor and ambience.

• Visited June 2013
Sandton
“Big expectations, poor reality”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I've wanted to visit Saigon for ages. It's a well-known landmark in Rivonia and one assumes that's because it has staying power.
Very disappointing. Jaded interior. Disinterested staff. Worst of all was that the food came on sizzling skillets and both my partner and I found it to be burned by the time we ate.

Won't go again.