“Lot of hype”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Rivonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 28, 2012

There was a lot of hype around this restaurant, the food was ok - but pricey.....................................................

Reviewed September 14, 2012

try the white mouse, really awesome, i love this place, the food and the atmosphere are 5 star! book today.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was looking for this soup for a long time. I really didn't want another soup with tomato extract taste and that's what I found in there. Besides that, the fried banana and the seafood hotplate were delicious. For sure I will try it again.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I'm not a very adventurous diner, however we've been to the Saigon once a couple of years ago and now twice again very recently and on all occasions my wife and I have tried dishes we had never tasted before. This is easy at the Saigon as they have an extensive and quite exotic Asian menu. So far we have not been disappointed with any of our choices. We have found both receptionist and waiters to be very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere (as well as the inside temperature) is warm and cosy. Despite the delicious exotic dishes, specially prepared from an a la carte menu, the prices are very reasonable. The Saigon is frequently fully booked so make a reservation. We will most certainly be back!

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Anybody who has not been to Saigon in a year or so will be quite disappointed. It was recommended to me as a great place to impress my overseas friends however it was mediocre at best. The personalities greeting us by the door were so bored and didn't seem to care if we came in or not. The waiter was very sweet but the management seemed uninterested. Some of the dishes were delicious but one or two resembled cheap Chinese take aways. The menu is interesting but portion sizes very inconsistent. I can recommend the "chef's choice desert platter" but don't touch the deep fried ice cream.

2  Thank Suzette-Jhb