“Delicious clear soup”

Saigon
Ranked #4 of 22 Restaurants in Rivonia
Cuisines: Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
pretoria
“Delicious clear soup”
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was looking for this soup for a long time. I really didn't want another soup with tomato extract taste and that's what I found in there. Besides that, the fried banana and the seafood hotplate were delicious. For sure I will try it again.

Sandton
“Deliciously different cuisine”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I'm not a very adventurous diner, however we've been to the Saigon once a couple of years ago and now twice again very recently and on all occasions my wife and I have tried dishes we had never tasted before. This is easy at the Saigon as they have an extensive and quite exotic Asian menu. So far we have not been disappointed with any of our choices. We have found both receptionist and waiters to be very friendly and helpful and the atmosphere (as well as the inside temperature) is warm and cosy. Despite the delicious exotic dishes, specially prepared from an a la carte menu, the prices are very reasonable. The Saigon is frequently fully booked so make a reservation. We will most certainly be back!

Johannesburg, South Africa
“Sai Gone”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Anybody who has not been to Saigon in a year or so will be quite disappointed. It was recommended to me as a great place to impress my overseas friends however it was mediocre at best. The personalities greeting us by the door were so bored and didn't seem to care if we came in or not. The waiter was very sweet but the management seemed uninterested. Some of the dishes were delicious but one or two resembled cheap Chinese take aways. The menu is interesting but portion sizes very inconsistent. I can recommend the "chef's choice desert platter" but don't touch the deep fried ice cream.

2 Thank Suzette-Jhb
Johannesburg
“Whatever has become of this place”
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This used to be one of my all time favourite restaurants with amazing food and service - a 5 star and recommended to many friends over the years.
I had not been in the area in the past year or so and decided to give it a go recently. The pronounced contrast to my previous experiences made this visit even worse. The food and service were unbelievably bad. In the end part of our order did not arrive. When complaining about the food, the manager did not see it fit to visit the table himself. The waiter made some half baked excuse about the restaurant being under new management and this happening all the time. RIP Saigon.

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Charles L
Hangzhou, China
“A firm favourite for Asian food!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Ive had a few experience at Saigon and they have all been excellent! They have a great vegetarian selection - I love that thier spring rolls come with a tutorial. My favourite dish however has to be the mushrooms in black bean sauce. Their selection of drinks is good. The last time I ordered coffee, I got free take away sachet of it. Service is distinctly average and their smoking section is outside of the resturants main entrance. Their after dinner coconut ice is the most delicious!