“Consistently good”

Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Rivonia
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Food is always great, location is a little dodgy though

Reviewed February 9, 2012

It's been about 6 years since I last visited this resturant. To my surprise it was still open after so long. It has survived a couple of recession. They have an inside and outside area, we chose to sit outside. Our order went through at around 21:30. Food arrived fast, it was up to expectation. I remembered them having great desserts.I had the pavalova, it a unique dish and it tastes sooooo good. My mates had the mouse , combo choc and white mouse great taste.

Enjoyable evening all round.. Should the conversation wonder onto the boring, it's a great place to tell tails of time in Nam

Reviewed February 8, 2012

It was one year since my last visit. This time with my family. This visit was made because there were not much options for Asian food in this Revonia area. This was the last one we did not go as a family. Beef Pho was OK, still missing essential Vietnamese herbs. And they use lemon instead of lime. Lemon does not match for Vietnamese food.
We also ordered Duck Curry. This was superb curry with lots of flavor and generous amount of duck. I would recommend this dish to anybody who eats curry.
Restaurant has low light setting so you can not see your food. This is not good.
I got an impression that waiters intentionally seat families close to the toilets entrance.

Reviewed February 6, 2012

It is incredible. My favourite restaurant. excellently put together

Reviewed December 29, 2011

We had a terrible experience at Saigon Rivonia. The tomyum soup is nothing but warm water and chillipowder (disgusting) with no tomyum paste, lemon grass or vegetables. It came with three prawns which were OK but it was by no means tomyum soup. The "manager" explained that the kitchen staff did not know what tomyum soup should look like!!!!! We waited more than 1.5 hours for our main course to arrive (fish and beef) and we were continually told by the waiter the food was "on the way". When my husband asked the "manager" about the progress of our food he got stroppy with us and presented us with our bill, saying clearly we were unhappy and we could leave!!!! We arrived there shortly after 7pm and left just before 9pm, having only been served with the excuse of tomyum soup. The manager claimed the kitchen was very busy. Including our table there were four couples. Too much to handle Saigon? I recommend you don't part with your money at Saigon. It is not the place it used to be. The service experience is the worst I have had in my life (worldwide!!) and the food is too poor to consider edible. The place is a shadow of what it used to be some three years ago.

1  Thank IlseB630