“Beautiful ambience and Excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rivonia Bed & Breakfast

Rivonia Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 12 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Maseru, Lesotho
“Beautiful ambience and Excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2011

Always our first destination of choice, since discovering it in 2008 through the SA venues booklet. We often make our jo'burg itenerary & tours around access to the B&B. It is soo relaxing especially after our long drives from Lesotho and we are always welcomed like VIP's.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

The service in this B&B is fantastic. Everybody is so friendly, helpful,comprehensif from the driver,gardner to the management.
The rooms are very clean and the garden is marvelous.
Excellent breakfast in the morning and you have a lot of contact with the other guests or the owners of the B&B.
You will never make such an good experience in Europe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2010

As a regular traveler to Johannesburg during 2010 I stayed at quite a few good and secure establishments in the Randburg and Sandton areas. Generally I will only comment on exceptional service after two or more occasions, but my recent stay (5 – 7 Dec) at the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast deserves my last excellence mention for the year

Rivonia Bed and Breakfast - a cut above my Hyde Park stay
During the previous week I stayed in a well-known three star establishment in Hyde Park, but in all fairness did not meet my satisfaction in terms of attention to detail, quality standards and ownership. So, for my next trip to Woodmead, I googled “Rivonia Bed and Breakfast” and contacted the first organic search entry on the page which was the Rivonia Bed and Breakfast - a four star **** establishment

I checked-in before 09:00 on the Sunday morning and everything was on par / above expectation. From the slick check-in procedure, high-quality decor / fixtures and an abundance of attention to detail. A lush green country-style view outside my terrace door made me feel even more at home.

A well-stocked bar fridge and all sorts of attention to guest requirements (umbrella / iron and board / insect repellent / DSTV / microwave oven) represented the guest-vigilant owner and staff which I met in the buzzing breakfast lounge on Monday morning.

Best facility?
Difficult to extract the best (above the rest), but for me it was the breakfast lounge overlooking the swimming pool. Excellent service provided country-style cooking with abundance in servings / variety. With Sky TV news and a copy of Business Day I could have stayed the morning....both mornings.

Verdict
It shows what an owner-managed approach can do to an establishment’s success and sustainability. The owner took great care in welcoming me and ascertaining various details of my stay and satisfaction. And last but not the least – there was the spot-on-time transfer to and from my client by their friendly driver.

A four star **** establishment with Five Star satisfaction. Will I go back? Absolutely.

Hopefully this could become my secure home-from-home when training in Johannesburg. But most definitely when I am visiting Sandton, Woodmead or Hyde Park again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2010

Three of us travelled around South Africa and Zambia, staying at 4 "B&Bs" and one big hotel.

This and one other B&B (in Komatipoort) were the high spots. A lovely place with clean comfortable and spacious accommodation, beautiful gardens, a delightful breakfast room (and breakfasts), excellent security and really helpful and friendly owners.

If we return to Joburg there is no question we will go back to the Rivonia.

Highly recommended and good value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

During September and October, I stayed in room# 27 (luxury self-catering room) at the Rivonia B&B in connection with a work-related mission to Johannesburg, South Africa.
I absolutely enjoyed everything at this beautiful well-situated and safe B&B (night guards and panic button in the room). Room# 27 was spacious and had a nice little kitchen which enabled me to cook/have dinner in my room most week days (nice after a long day’s work). As I was picked up every morning by a driver, I really enjoyed that room# 27 and the terrace overlooked the front gate. The terrace was fantastic and quite private so I enjoyed a number of hours sitting out there reading and enjoying the beautiful weather.
The breakfast is a chapter on its own – it offered everything from fresh fruits, yogurts, cereals, hot oat meal, breads, jams, cheese, muffins and a range of fresh juices. One can also order cooked breakfasts (eggs, bacon, sausages, omelets etc). In addition to regular tea and coffee, a “Jura” espresso machine is available and the owner Gerard is always helpful in making a cappuccino. I looked forward to each morning knowing what fantastic breakfast I could choose from.
Rivonia B&B offers many services and besides from the Wi-Fi internet connection (not free but very reasonable priced), prompt and high qualify laundry service, I particularly enjoyed the fact the I could purchase gym vouchers (R50) for the nearby Planet Fitness (large and very nice with dedicated “women’s only” facilities) at Rivonia Square and that the reception had a fridge which was supplied with “Chef-Direct” pre-cooked meals. They were actually pretty tasty and served as an easy supplement to food that I purchased in the nearby Woolworth supermarket at Rivonia Village.
For transport to nearby places, I could always count on the transfer service offered and simply called to agree on return ride etc.
The staff is extremely helpful and service-minded. From the owners to the managers as well as the regular staff, it is difficult to single out some as everybody made my stay so enjoyable. A special thank you goes to Gerard, Fillitah, Zani and Maryna, Beauty, Joel and David and not least to Dorah who attended my room daily and made it a pleasure for me to return back to my room every night. If I am to return to Johannesburg, I will definitely stay at Rivonia B&B again and highly recommend it to everyone for short or longer stays. It was a great home away and certainly made my stay very memorable.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

I spent a week at Rivonia during a recent business trip to South Africa. It was terrific. The breakfasts are delicious and service is great. I love the fact that the B&B owner personally makes you a cappuccino each morning. The setting is very nice whether it be for a business traveller or family. The next time I go back to Joburg, I would love to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2010

It was so refresing,the staff were all so humble and nice to us.The front office lady(FIlter) was particularly outstanding.she always had the perfect smile and made us feel more than at home.we are from Finland and wouldnt hesitate to refer all our friends and families to Rivonia Bed and breakfast.Thank you guys

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
Road Lodge Rivonia
Monarch Hotel
Monarch Hotel
#2 of 70 in Johannesburg
Saxon Hotel, Villas and Spa

Been to Rivonia Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!