“Fantastic Stay, excellent service”

Leaves Signature Guest House
Ranked #2 of 11 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Mulhouse, France
“Fantastic Stay, excellent service”
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I stayed for a week and liked every minute! warm welcome, nice surrounding, excellent breakfast and good location. close to everything and yet very quiet. Sue is so helpful with all details and get solutions to everything. I wish I could come again soon!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Just perfect, from the breakfast (everyday a surprise, everyday great), the fruit, the cofee, the wine in the room, the little small things (like an adapter in the room for many different countries) and, most important thing, the friendliness and professionalism. Great garden and swimmingpool (with two sweet ducks in it), very capable and friendly personel. One of the best places I've stayed during a trip abroad.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Darmstadt, Germany
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I stayed for a total of 7 weeks in two intervals and liked it very much. It's located conviniently to Rivonia Road and it is a very nice and clean place. One feels very welcome and it's a good place to relax. And Sue makes the most wonderful and tasty breakfast creations.
If I come again to Sandton I will go back to Leaves Guesthouse.

Room Tip: I had standard rooms which are nice and clean with pretty bathrooms, a comfortable double bed, TV, m...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I stayed in leaves for about two weeks during a training in Sandton. I must say that i enjoyed every minute of it. The rooms were wonderful and were fully finished. The breakfast were nice and the staff were really helpful. I hope to go there on my vacation next year.

Room Tip: The rooms upstairs are wonderful.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed November 7, 2011

Stayed in the self catering unit for over 2 weeks as a couple. Unit is well decorated, spacious, and very clean. It deserves a 5 stars instead and we definitely enjoyed staying here. The garden is well kept with mature trees and many colourful flowers. Not to forget the 2 dogs are simply adorable.

Service - Sue is definitely a great host and went the extra mile to ensure we were well taken care. We really appreciated her hospitality and HIGHLY recommend to everyone looking for guesthouse in the vicinity!

Food - We only had breakfast but it was delicioius and the menu changes daily. Excellent presentation and we can tell the amount of effort put in by Sue. Dinner is an option so you will have to pre-arrange.

Location - Excellent, love the convenience of this place. 2 mins to N1 yet you won't hear the traffic.

Overall, excellent value of money and will recommend to everyone.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at the Leaves Guest House for roundabout one week and I had a great time.

The service was excellent all around. It started when I enquired about prices and service - I wrote to three diffferent guest houses and decided to go with the Leaves. I travel planning depended on a number of factors and was a little chaotic, so there was a lot of emailing back and forth, and all my questions were met with professional, warm and welcoming replies.

The hard facts:
- The room (room #1) was very nice, and equipped with a fridge / mini bar, TV, water boiler, desk and beautiful bathroom with extralarge bathtub and luxurious shower.
- The room also came with an international power socket adapter which is good thinking on the owners' parts.
- Airport shuttle service is available for an appropriate price.
- I also got shuttle service to & from work, as well as to malls and restaurants.
- I had cooked dinner twice and both times it was excellent.
- The breakfast (which is included in the price) is an absolute treat. Cold breakfast is available (fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt, muffins, and bread with spreads, meats and cheeses) as well as warm breakfast (different each day).
- The internet connection sadly was unreliable/slow, but that was due to a storm earlier that week - clearly not the guest house's fault. The day before I left the wifi was up and running at full speed again, so it seems that usually the internet connection is quite good.
- Lovely garden.

My personal experiences:
- I met three people from the family and all three of them (and their two little dogs) were an absolute delight.
- Sue understood all of my chaotic requests and took care of everything giving it 100%, for instance by driving me to work personally in the mornings. I did also really enjoy our chats.
- The service was very personal; Sue even offered me to cook butternut soup for me one evening just because I'd mentioned that I don't get much pumpkin-related food in Germany.

Price:
- I don't have much to compare this with within South Africa, but I can say that have stayed at places that were unpleasant, for four times the money.

I hope that I will get the chance to stay at Leaves again. I cannot recommend this guest house enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Leaves1234, Owner at Leaves Signature Guest House, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Leaves Exclusive Guest House. We too enjoyed hosting you and look forward to your return in the future. Warm Leaves regards, Sue Olivier
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Sue and Anthony were fanstastic hosts for our lengthy stay at Leaves in September. Our room, the deluxe self-catering suite was wonderful, spacious, 2 balconies and good when you need more space to yourself to relax. We were having medical treatment and it was perfect for recuperating in a peaceful setting. Being able to sit out at the table on the balcony in the warm sunshine was lovely and we enjoyed the peaceful garden with its varied birdlife. Sue and Anthony helped with many of our transfer needs (we didnt hire a car for the whole stay) which made our lives easier and we were genuinely bowled over by their willingness to take us to various destinations during our stay. The breakfasts were simply wonderful, creative, varied and delicious. This was a great place to stay in a relaxing environment from which we jogged in the neighbourhood and walked to the local shops. We would not hesitate to recommend Leaves to our friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Oasis Boutique Hotel
Rivonia Bed & Breakfast
Rivonia Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 74 in Sandton
Louise Terrace Guest house

Been to Leaves Signature Guest House? Share your experiences!