“This was an excellent experience” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Leaves Signature Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rivonia
Leaves Signature Guest House
Ranked #3 of 12 Rivonia B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“This was an excellent experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

I stayed at the Leaves Guest House for roundabout one week and I had a great time.

The service was excellent all around. It started when I enquired about prices and service - I wrote to three diffferent guest houses and decided to go with the Leaves. I travel planning depended on a number of factors and was a little chaotic, so there was a lot of emailing back and forth, and all my questions were met with professional, warm and welcoming replies.

The hard facts:
- The room (room #1) was very nice, and equipped with a fridge / mini bar, TV, water boiler, desk and beautiful bathroom with extralarge bathtub and luxurious shower.
- The room also came with an international power socket adapter which is good thinking on the owners' parts.
- Airport shuttle service is available for an appropriate price.
- I also got shuttle service to & from work, as well as to malls and restaurants.
- I had cooked dinner twice and both times it was excellent.
- The breakfast (which is included in the price) is an absolute treat. Cold breakfast is available (fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt, muffins, and bread with spreads, meats and cheeses) as well as warm breakfast (different each day).
- The internet connection sadly was unreliable/slow, but that was due to a storm earlier that week - clearly not the guest house's fault. The day before I left the wifi was up and running at full speed again, so it seems that usually the internet connection is quite good.
- Lovely garden.

My personal experiences:
- I met three people from the family and all three of them (and their two little dogs) were an absolute delight.
- Sue understood all of my chaotic requests and took care of everything giving it 100%, for instance by driving me to work personally in the mornings. I did also really enjoy our chats.
- The service was very personal; Sue even offered me to cook butternut soup for me one evening just because I'd mentioned that I don't get much pumpkin-related food in Germany.

Price:
- I don't have much to compare this with within South Africa, but I can say that have stayed at places that were unpleasant, for four times the money.

I hope that I will get the chance to stay at Leaves again. I cannot recommend this guest house enough.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Leaves1234, Owner at Leaves Signature Guest House, responded to this review, October 11, 2011
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write about your experience at Leaves Exclusive Guest House. We too enjoyed hosting you and look forward to your return in the future. Warm Leaves regards, Sue Olivier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Sue and Anthony were fanstastic hosts for our lengthy stay at Leaves in September. Our room, the deluxe self-catering suite was wonderful, spacious, 2 balconies and good when you need more space to yourself to relax. We were having medical treatment and it was perfect for recuperating in a peaceful setting. Being able to sit out at the table on the balcony in the warm sunshine was lovely and we enjoyed the peaceful garden with its varied birdlife. Sue and Anthony helped with many of our transfer needs (we didnt hire a car for the whole stay) which made our lives easier and we were genuinely bowled over by their willingness to take us to various destinations during our stay. The breakfasts were simply wonderful, creative, varied and delicious. This was a great place to stay in a relaxing environment from which we jogged in the neighbourhood and walked to the local shops. We would not hesitate to recommend Leaves to our friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Witbank
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

A warm homely stay, the rooms are excelent and the food outstanding

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I am a regular business traveller and my colleagues and I always stay at the Leaves whin in Johannesburg. The location is very central to Sandton and Midrand and close to some good restaraunts - and the accommodation is luxurious and the breakfasts are 5 star.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

I commute up to Jhb from PE every second week for a week at a time. Through my travels i can honestly say that nothing comes remotely close to Leaves Guest house. So much so that i often joke with Sue around the amount of Stars **** Leaves has been accredited with. I have always felt at home at leaves, the service is amazing and the rooms are really luxurious. Nothing is too much for Sue and her team and everything is done with a smile. It is very difficult for me not to recommend Leaves to any potential visitors as i battle to find fault with the Guest House. I urge you to try Leaves and prove my review wrong !!

Room Tip: All the rooms are simply amazing a
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Chonburi Province, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

I was only for a few days in the Guesthouse, but was very impressed with the hospitality and the friendliness of the staff. The room was very big and very tasteful decorated with all the necessary amenities. I will certainly come back here when visiting Johannesburg the next time, that will be hopefully the end of June.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Lephalale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2011

Ideal location for business area in Johanesburg.
Quiet secur location in easy reach of shops and restaurant.
Stayed at end of May nights beginning to get cooler but bedrooms well appointed with tasteful extras ( the sherry is wonderful). Breakfast ideal and service top draw. All staff helpful and friendly.
Sue look forward to the next time.

Room Tip: Stayed in No.6 spacious and bathroom excellent
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Oasis Boutique Hotel
#1 of 12 in Rivonia
Dunton Guest House
Dunton Guest House
#2 of 12 in Rivonia

Been to Leaves Signature Guest House? Share your experiences!