I stayed at the Leaves Guest House for roundabout one week and I had a great time.
The service was excellent all around. It started when I enquired about prices and service - I wrote to three diffferent guest houses and decided to go with the Leaves. I travel planning depended on a number of factors and was a little chaotic, so there was a lot of emailing back and forth, and all my questions were met with professional, warm and welcoming replies.
The hard facts:
- The room (room #1) was very nice, and equipped with a fridge / mini bar, TV, water boiler, desk and beautiful bathroom with extralarge bathtub and luxurious shower.
- The room also came with an international power socket adapter which is good thinking on the owners' parts.
- Airport shuttle service is available for an appropriate price.
- I also got shuttle service to & from work, as well as to malls and restaurants.
- I had cooked dinner twice and both times it was excellent.
- The breakfast (which is included in the price) is an absolute treat. Cold breakfast is available (fresh fruit, cereal, yoghurt, muffins, and bread with spreads, meats and cheeses) as well as warm breakfast (different each day).
- The internet connection sadly was unreliable/slow, but that was due to a storm earlier that week - clearly not the guest house's fault. The day before I left the wifi was up and running at full speed again, so it seems that usually the internet connection is quite good.
- Lovely garden.
My personal experiences:
- I met three people from the family and all three of them (and their two little dogs) were an absolute delight.
- Sue understood all of my chaotic requests and took care of everything giving it 100%, for instance by driving me to work personally in the mornings. I did also really enjoy our chats.
- The service was very personal; Sue even offered me to cook butternut soup for me one evening just because I'd mentioned that I don't get much pumpkin-related food in Germany.
- I don't have much to compare this with within South Africa, but I can say that have stayed at places that were unpleasant, for four times the money.
I hope that I will get the chance to stay at Leaves again. I cannot recommend this guest house enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We welcome you to Leaves Signature Guest House. We want you to feel at home and that everything possible is done to make your stay comfortable. We pride ourselves in discreet service by our skilled and professional staff, home-cooked meals and comfort, taking care of every detail. At Leaves we cater expressly for the modern traveller and their specific needs. Situated in the Sandton suburb of Rivonia with easy access to major highways in Johannesburg, we offer complimentary Wi-Fi connectivity, tourist information and booking services. The eight rooms at Leaves each offer elegant, modern, private, secure and functional comfort.Characteristically different! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Leaves Signature Guest House Rivonia/Sandton