“Brilliant breakfast and lovely room”

The Oasis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rivonia
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We dropped in rather unnannounced (problems with our mobile phone) but Oasis was easy to find ......we received a warm welcome (including from Stripe and Samantha the dalmations!)

Positives - help yourself tea/coffee and cakes at any time, honesty bar, gorgeous rooms, great breakfast and lovely grounds and art on the walls.

Negatives - hard to find any negatives but we were surprised that there wasn't a bath mat in the bathroom - and yes my husband then proceeded to leave loads of water on the floor!

Room Tip: Room 2 is a superior room, with a small balcony
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
xrhodie, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Thank you for staying with us. No excuse - even if you arrived unexpectedly, I should have checked the room before showing you this one instead of the one I was meant to! Hope to see you again. Kind regards, Anita

There are newer reviews for The Oasis Boutique Hotel

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Perfect for business guests or, I would imagine, a romantic weekend stay.
The place is full of beautifull art and antiques and probably not great for little children with bad parents but my wife and I stayed with our 1 year old daughter and were made to feel very welcome.
Room 12 was adequate in size and the bed was extremely comfortable.
The breakfast was delicious. Loads of sweet things too but I'm not complaining.
I loved the honesty bar system - it works well in a country where service staff often detract from the overall experience. The wine list is compact but good. The Alto Shiraz was delicious!!
The dogs were lovely companions.
Great service from beginning to end.

Room Tip: Room 12 appeared to be a very quiet room as it was at the end of the house. Possibly given to oursel...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
xrhodie, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2016

Not too sure how your review slipped through the system without being answered. A well meant and much belated thank you for taking the time to review us in such a positive light. Kind regards, Anita

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Wow,this is the best place to be with your loved ones.yhank you for the hospitality we really enjoyed our stay here :)We had a real five star experience with a personalised touch that made the experience better than staying in the usual big five star chain hotels.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lizzy T

Reviewed November 14, 2012

Great place to stay for business or pleasure. Service is excellent. We had a real five star experience with a personalised touch that made the experience better than staying in the usual big five star chain hotels. Variety of snacks are available round the clock so you dont miss out on 24 hour room service either. The rooms are clean, spacious and look as advertised on their website. The complimentary fruits and chocolate was a really nice touch. Would this gust house anyday. Thank you to Anita, Grayham and their staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wow! That is all I can say. Wow.
To Gray and Anita, thank you for all the services. From the management of my airport transfer to the least details that I needed (direction to places...), I say thank you.
To Alexandra, thank you for sorting out my little issue with the safe. You are an angel.
To the ladies preparing my room and my breakfast, you are just the best. Thanks for the chocolate that was appearing every afternoon on top of my bed ;) and thanks again for the breakfast well cooked. That was a breakfast for Kings. Thanks for treating me as one.
To those who are still looking for a quiet destination in the heart of Rivonia, this is the place to stay. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Empereur K
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel extensively for work and have been growing wearier of all the chain hotels. You travel but feel stuck in space in the same room, same amenities... I am also a couchsurfer and guest houses make up for the warmth and home feel.

My stay have been fabulous in all and every aspect. I made a last minute booking and all the information was readily provided. I was greeted by Alex, the owners, Anita and Graham's daughter. I took in the beautiful dalmatians, the gorgeous garden, the swimming pool, the silence, the quietness and this superb house so tastefully decorated.

Alex, perfect hostess offered drinks while going doing the paperwork and touring the property. My friend, who was dropping me was even more awed; the room was immense, beautiful with a terrace, a chocolate on the bed, fruits, the loveliest tea and coffee ware. The bathroom is wide with a bath and shower and quality products.

I settled in for the night and met the owners in the morning. Warm and nice people and caring. I didn't know how much till I had an adventure getting lost on my way back "home". Anita went out driving to look for me. When I charged my phone, I saw her worried emails inquiring about my whereabouts. I was "rewarded" with a hug and a lovely dinner when I made it back. I was touched beyond words.

I have special dietary requirements but this caused no problem and I always had a lovely meal. Breakfast is generous, rich and I think I ate all the cupcakes on day 2 of my stay. Delicious baking!

There's no amenity or anything missing; from the steam iron, to the needle. And the staff is smiling and lovely!

I'll most definitely recommend and come back shall I have the opportunity to.

Thank you so very much and oh... you get a chocolate box on departure!

Room Tip: I had lovely room 2
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank littlemermaid63

Reviewed November 1, 2012

What a fab place to stay! Excellent room,gardens,staff and hosts not forgetting the two lovely Dalmatians. Food great and found toasted sandwich service particularly handy.
Throughly enjoyed the free (honesty) bar!
Weather great and sorry to leave. We shall be back.
Claire & Colin Oct 2012

Room Tip: Highly recommend room 12
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claire S

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Syrene Boutique Hotel
#1 of 66 in Johannesburg
Michelangelo Hotel
Michelangelo Hotel
#3 of 46 in Sandton

Been to The Oasis Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!