“My Stay @ Oasis Luxury Guest House” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Oasis Boutique Hotel

The Oasis Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Rivonia
Windhoek, Windhoek, Namibia
“My Stay @ Oasis Luxury Guest House”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

Wow! That is all I can say. Wow.
To Gray and Anita, thank you for all the services. From the management of my airport transfer to the least details that I needed (direction to places...), I say thank you.
To Alexandra, thank you for sorting out my little issue with the safe. You are an angel.
To the ladies preparing my room and my breakfast, you are just the best. Thanks for the chocolate that was appearing every afternoon on top of my bed ;) and thanks again for the breakfast well cooked. That was a breakfast for Kings. Thanks for treating me as one.
To those who are still looking for a quiet destination in the heart of Rivonia, this is the place to stay. You won't regret it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Empereur K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Korean first
Abidjan, Cote d'Ivoire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I travel extensively for work and have been growing wearier of all the chain hotels. You travel but feel stuck in space in the same room, same amenities... I am also a couchsurfer and guest houses make up for the warmth and home feel.

My stay have been fabulous in all and every aspect. I made a last minute booking and all the information was readily provided. I was greeted by Alex, the owners, Anita and Graham's daughter. I took in the beautiful dalmatians, the gorgeous garden, the swimming pool, the silence, the quietness and this superb house so tastefully decorated.

Alex, perfect hostess offered drinks while going doing the paperwork and touring the property. My friend, who was dropping me was even more awed; the room was immense, beautiful with a terrace, a chocolate on the bed, fruits, the loveliest tea and coffee ware. The bathroom is wide with a bath and shower and quality products.

I settled in for the night and met the owners in the morning. Warm and nice people and caring. I didn't know how much till I had an adventure getting lost on my way back "home". Anita went out driving to look for me. When I charged my phone, I saw her worried emails inquiring about my whereabouts. I was "rewarded" with a hug and a lovely dinner when I made it back. I was touched beyond words.

I have special dietary requirements but this caused no problem and I always had a lovely meal. Breakfast is generous, rich and I think I ate all the cupcakes on day 2 of my stay. Delicious baking!

There's no amenity or anything missing; from the steam iron, to the needle. And the staff is smiling and lovely!

I'll most definitely recommend and come back shall I have the opportunity to.

Thank you so very much and oh... you get a chocolate box on departure!

Room Tip: I had lovely room 2
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank littlemermaid63
xrhodie, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2016
Not too sure how your review slipped through the system without being answered. A well meant and much belated thank you for taking the time to review us in such a positive light. Kind regards, Anita
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

What a fab place to stay! Excellent room,gardens,staff and hosts not forgetting the two lovely Dalmatians. Food great and found toasted sandwich service particularly handy.
Throughly enjoyed the free (honesty) bar!
Weather great and sorry to leave. We shall be back.
Claire & Colin Oct 2012

Room Tip: Highly recommend room 12
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this lovely guesthouse for 3 nights. The room was so perfect I did not want to leave. The garden, the pool, the breakfast room where absolute nice. The personal touch from both Anita and Grayham was so good made me forget about home. Made some new friends here and I will for sure be back for my next trip to Johannesburg

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank PaulPleijsier
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

Our stay at the Oasis Luxury Guest House was fantastic.

We booked via trip advisor after considering a number of motels in Joburg that we had previously used. We thought it was time for a change and that is exactly what we got. This Guest House was better than any of the 5 star motels we have stayed in with all possible requirements for the traveller covered throughout our stay.

While available at all times our hosts were almost invisible and left us feeling like we were at home. The cleanliness of the whole property was a credit to them and their staff and I would not hesitate to recommend this great Guest House to any discerning traveller who has had it up to the eyeballs with unfriendly and impersonal motels.

Thanks for the wonderful experience and we look forward to coming your way again.

Mark and Debbie Bryant
Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Room Tip: We stayed in a Standard room and it was fantastic. I can only imagine the Superior rooms would be e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mark B
Novi, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thanks to Anita and her husband, their cats and dogs we had a pleasant stay at the end of our time in South-Africa. Breakfast is great and access to all kind of delicious fruits and nuts as well as coffee or tea is given all day. Experience the "honesty bar" with great whiskeys and wine - you are responsible to declare what you drunk.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JohannesburgBeazley, Owner at The Oasis Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Thank you for your review. After the wet, rainy conditions camping, we hope that the lasting impression of SA will be our warm hospitality and beds!
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Excellent guest house, very nice facilities: very nice rooms (larger and nice than in a 5* hotel), very nice garden, decent food, two very nice bars, good location...the oasis has everything to make you feel comfortable and at home. The only thing where I had to get used to is that dinner is only (and only) served at 7pm... a bit more flexibility, i.e. dinner served between 7-8 would be nice. Sum arum: When in Joburg I will return to this guest house and do recommend it to everyone who searches for a bit more of a "personal" atmosphere combined with top notch amenities rather than the sometimes "cold" hotel environment.

Room Tip: Room 3 (where I stayed) was very nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank David H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rivonia
The Syrene Boutique Hotel
#4 of 49 in Sandton
The Palazzo Montecasino
The Palazzo Montecasino
#1 of 7 in Fourways

Been to The Oasis Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!