“Great food, great place!”
Review of La Pentola

La Pentola
Ranked #28 of 703 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: La Pentola established in 1995 is the perfect venue for executive chef/owner Shane Sauvage's authentic fusion cuisine. The atmosphere is cozy, romantic and relaxed. All food is prepared to order, using only the very best quality ingredients, real butter, fresh cream and fresh herbs.Yes absolutely no MSG! The menu by internationally renowned executive Chef/ Patron & award winning author Shane Sauvage,comprises of a large variety of fresh seafood (Mozambique Style Prawns, free range cuts of beef (KWV Fillet, hand made pasta, exotic game dishes, a great selection of vegetarian fare (Aztec Mushrooms) and a decadent selection of in-house deserts (Chocolate Terrine). La Pentola offers a Diamond award wine list with a large variety of local and international wines. We are an A la Carte restaurant that also caters for corporate functions, intimate weddings and special occasions. Open Monday to Sunday Lunch & Dinner.
Krugersdorp
“Great food, great place!”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We went to this restaurant for my birthday and were treated like royalty - although the staff did not know it was my birthday at all! If this is the way they treat all customers, they should be rated even higher.

The waiter was friendly and very knowledgable, and made us feel welcome in no time. Our drinks orders were handled professionally and drinks were derved very quickly afterwards.

The menu is certainly "classier" than your average family restaurant and when the food arrived, it was really good. Our orders were executed perfectly and everyone at my table was satisfied with their meals.

The ambience of this place is such that you don't really want to leave - you just want to stay a bit longer and feel totally relaxed. This is certainly one of the best restaurants in Pretoria and I will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2012

South Africa
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've been going to La Pentola for nine years, it is our special restaurant, lots of fabulous food and fond memories!!!

• Visited May 2013
“La Pentola is TOPS !”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Great SPECIAL occasion intimate restaurant.
Booked on a night that chef/owner Shaun Sauvage was present, and he came to our table, signed my recipe book. What a great dinner, atmosphere and exceptional good food.

• Visited July 2012
“Lovely, little restaurant”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

It was a lovely restaurant.
Initially I was sceptical after reading a few reviews saying that there is a long wait for the food.
...but because we were aware of it, my boyfriend and I didn't mind, and the wait didn't even seem that long.
It is a nice, cozy atmosphere.
We had a friendly waiter and the service was good.
Food was very interesting. If you don't mind being adventurous with food, then definitely pay them a visit. If not, you can still enjoy the restaurant, and stick to the parts of the menu that you prefer and know.

• Visited April 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service at La Pentola”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

We went there on Tuesday 30 April, and the food was absolutely fantastic!! We had a wonderful evening but unfortunately it ended with a bitter taste in our mouths. The waitress was really nice the whole evening until the bill came. We gave a 10% gratuity, and then her attitude changed completely. She was rude, started handling glasses and crockery very harshly and was blatantly abrubt. She did not even answer my husband's question and turned her back on us and walked away. When we left she did not even look at us. I paid a lot of money to eat there, and gave her a gratuity that was in my view fair to the level of service she gave. I will never go back to La Pentola, and will further more tell all my freinds and family about the ungrateful and insulting attitude that this staff member had. I find it unacceptable and hope that the management of La Pentola find this as unacceptable as we did.

• Visited April 2013