“A good and great service”
Review of Crawdaddy's

Crawdaddy's
Ranked #6 of 685 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Pretoria, South Africa
“A good and great service”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I dived in here on a recommendation and with a time limit. Although they seemed busy the greeter was able to sit me immediately at a table for one (something many restaurant struggle to find when busy) When I asked for a recommendation between 2 dishes the waitress recommended the ribs as I was in a hurry (the staff communicate as I hadn't told her!!). The ribs arrived quickly and were great with the typical huge SA portion size. I was out before my deadline.
This is not a posh fancy place more the hail and hearty and the food reflects that but is none the worse for it. I can imagine it get a bit loud when really busy and I could never recommend it for a romantic twosome or a serious business diner but for anything else it is a great option. The only reason I am not giving it a 5th star is that I had just one dish and had hardly any time to observe but will be back again to see if it deserves that 5ht star

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Kiwi_Ronin

Pretoria
“Dont become complacent with your service!”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Being going to this restaurant for 6 years. Great portions, good atmosphere but the service is slipping.
When you have to ask a waitress four times for a knife an fork and still have to fetch it yourself - it's just not good enough.
A free Dom Pedro at the end of a meal is a bribe and not rectifying shortcomings. I will be back because the food is dam good, but up your game guys and please dont let it slip or ......

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Hilton J
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“Crawdaddy's is my reference when rating other resturants”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Somehow I always relate my experience to any restaurant I eat at to Crawdady's Centurion. This is due to the high standard set here. Need I say more. Wonderful food, great service and atmosphere. Have also dined at Brooklyn although food is also as good, I prefer the atmosphere at Centurion.

• Visited April 2013
“Very good food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very good food and friendly staff. Wide variety in the menu... from seafood to beef.. very good comeplation .

Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Very good family casual dining with good food and affable staff”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I usually don't write a review after my first visit to a restaurant, but Crawdaddy's is a definite exception. A colleague and I are in Pretoria on a business trip. Since we arrived too late for dinner at our guest house, the host of our guest house recommended Crawdaddy's, getting there as soon as possible given that this is a Saturday evening, before Mother's Day. And we can definitely understand why since the restaurant was filling rapidly with family groups as well as some couples. Clearly a restaurant quite popular with local residents, some of whom had brought little (well-behaved) kids, and we could quickly understand why.

Crawdaddy's is a semi-funky restaurant upstairs, and bar and restaurant downstairs, with a VERY extensive menu of meats (focusing on beef and chicken) and seafood prepared in a variety of ways and portion sizes. Our waiter, Russell, was quite affable and very knowledgeable about the food; I settled on the "steak and salads" -- about 7 oz of sirloin accompanied by a very tasty green salad, potato salad, and beet salad -- while my colleague got a sizeable order of seafood curry, sort of a chowder with prawns, fish, calamari, and potato served in a pot --NOT particularly spicy. Both dishes were very well presented (and, even more importantly, very well prepared), served fairly quickly given that I wanted my steak medium, and more than adequate in size, followed by Malva pudding. The service was attentive but not overbearing, and even though this was clearly a busy night, there was no scurrying to encourage us to release the table.

Definitely very good value for money -- our two meals, plus some wine and beer, and the atmosphere, came to about 320 Rand (around $34) between us plus tip.

If I have the chance to on this trip, I'll go back -- we had a hard time choosing what we ordered from the menu, and I know what else I'd like to try.

• Visited May 2013