All reviews menlyn mall infinity pool trendy hotel butter chicken huge mall room service rooms are small open plan staff are very attentive free shuttle business trip shopping centre convenient location standard room treated like royalty south africa checking out
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Best hotel in Pretoria. The ambience and environment is on another Level nje, classy and caters for all ages all kinds of local and business people. Elegant furniture, Spacious rooms, Delicious food, scrumptious breakfast not forgetting in-house Pizza Haven. Hotel specialises in home made Milkshakes/ Cocktails...Friendly staff

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
AnleB2, GUEST Profiler at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2019

Dear Kele S

It is always encouraging to hear positive feedback, particularly when it comes from those who matter the most – you! By taking pride in putting people first, we are not only executing the mission of our founders, but exceeding the expectations of our valued GUESTS.

Please note your feedback has been shared with the hotel TEAM as a critical way of understanding how we can continue to deliver great experiences. Thank you for staying at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Pretoria Menlyn and we hope you choose to create more memories here whenever your travels bring you back to Menlyn.

Regards

Reviewed April 25, 2019

A great hotel, great location, great amenities, great bar and breakfast rooms. Housekeeping does not need to knock at 8am tho. But for the most would definitely come back. Some critism, check in is slow as well as parking. In a city known for hijacking the process leaves you vulnerable. Otherwise awesome

Date of stay: June 2018
AnleB2, GUEST Profiler at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2019

Dear GeorgeMoolman

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! by Marriott Pretoria Menlyn with us.

Your valuable feedback helps identify areas of opportunity for us to improve the GUEST experience. While I’m glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, I am curious to know if there were any elements of your visit we could have enhanced.

The hotel TEAM is committed to delivering an exceptional experience and are always brainstorming creative ways to exceed the expectations of our VALUED GUEST, such as yourself. At your convenience, feel free to share any additional feedback on how we can elevate your experience whenever your travels bring you back to Menlyn.

Goitse-One Mabunda,

Reviewed April 17, 2019

The room was well organised and spacious, the staff at reception were exceptional and professional.
Had the opportunity to meet the Duty Manager a lady with a bubbly personality and love for her job. Super impressed with the hospitality and service received. Treated like royalty and the food was mouth-watering not forgetting the majestic scenery of the hotel, the conference venues - Top of the class and how can I forget the fresh scent in the entire hotel. Satisfaction! Satisfaction!

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
AnleB2, GUEST Profiler at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2019

Dear genevieveconnie

Need we say more?
One of our core values is to 'put people first' and we continue to make each and every GUEST feel valued and cared for. That said, it is always encouraging to receive positive feedback from our GUESTS so that we can share it with our TEAM to inspire and motivate them to deliver only the best GUEST service that will not only meet, but exceed your expectations.

Thank you so much for your time and we cannot wait to welcome you back for more!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

Fire and Ice Menlyn offers basic compact rooms that have most things you need. I didn’t like the duvet cover though. It was not luxurious nor comfortable as it was full of uneven clumped up balls of microfiber. The hotel restaurant however makes up for it with their delicious bobotie spring roll. The buffet is also pretty decent. Most staff were genuinely friendly and aimed to please. The restaurant team really make you feel welcome and in particular Innocent, Davison, Tinyiko and Lebogang stood out at the restaurant for their top notch friendly and professional service! I hope they get the recognition they deserve as they are a great asset to the hotel! The entire restaurant team in general was really helpful and deserve five stars! Definitely worth a visit!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
AnleB2, Guest Relations Manager at Protea Hotel Fire & Ice! Pretoria Menlyn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2019

Dear aroundtheworld247365,

As a passionate traveler, we sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback and we cannot wait to share it with the rest of the TEAM. We strive to deliver an exceptional GUEST service experience with each and every GUEST service interaction and we are over the moon to hear that we have exceeded your expectations.
Thank you so much for the special mentions, we will make sure to share your praises as the best form of inspiration and motivation to our TEAM to deliver only the best GUEST service.
We hope that your 24/7/365 travel needs will bring you back to Menlyn in the not too distant future for another extraordinary experience!
Kind regards,
GUEST Relations Manager

Reviewed April 8, 2019 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for about two weeks while in town for business. On first appearance the hotel is very chic and modern and the staff are very attentive. However, I had a lot of problems during my stay. Though the attempt at customer service is high, lack of organization and training is apparent.

Food: There is a large buffet set out for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The food is good, but there is not much in the way of fresh fruit and veg. At the breakfast buffet it often takes 10-20 minutes to receive your coffee or tea. It’s not uncommon to wait 10 mins for them to take your order and another 10 mins to come back with it. It’s frustrating to only get your beverage as you’re wrapping up your meal. The kitchen also seems to run out of a lot of things. Literally every time I ordered off the menu the first dish I wanted was unavailable or required a substitution. Meal service is slow if you’re not coming at a traditional meal time. I ordered lunch from room service at 3pm one day and it didn’t arrive until 4:30pm. Maybe that wouldn’t have been a big deal if they had told me it would be so delayed, but to wait an hour and half seemed unacceptable. Once the food does come it is tasty and hot though!

Room: Very clean and the beds are comfy but the rooms are quite small. Even the suite doesn’t have a dresser for you to put your clothes away in, just some built in shelves. The shower also isn’t separated from the rest of the room, which ended up being more annoying than I thought. My shower leaked, so as I am lying in bed I can hear the drip-drip of water smacking on the tile. It’s also open air to the rest of the room which means the water goes everywhere and is a lot for you wipe up and the air around you never heats up, so it’s pretty cold. The lighting in the rooms is terrible. It’s very dark, even with all the lights turn on, and the light in front of the mirrors is terrible. It’s nearly impossible to put on makeup. I had to use the flashlight on my phone a lot.

Pool: This proved maybe the biggest issue for me. I was visiting during the winter months in my country and was really looking forward to sitting out by the pool and enjoying the sunshine on the few days I didn’t work late. Well, too bad for me, because the pool area was closed for a private event. In fact, the whole outdoor space was being used for a private event on more than one occasion. When the pool area was open, there is not a space in which you could really relax. There are no lounge chairs or space for you to lay out. Only two cabanas which are totally in the shade. It’s also surrounded by tables for the restaurant, so if you do lay out you have an audience gawking at you. Again there were issues with customer service here; it took three requests and 40 minutes for someone to bring out a towel for me. What may be the worst part is the pool is also the ‘smoking area’ so when you do get a chance to sit out and get some fresh air it’s usually not so fresh.

I know I sound like I am high maintenance or overly critical, but it did seem that every time I turned around, something was so much more difficult than it needed to be. There were a host of other problems with their shuttle service and getting a breakfast to-go, but I won’t even bother getting into that. The staff really did try to be accommodating and helpful, but it seems they just couldn’t get it together. I’m afraid I’ll have to stay somewhere else on my next visit to Pretoria.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Kaydee284,

Thank you so much for making the time to share your most valuable feedback with us.
Our passion is to make each and every GUEST feel valued and cared for while ensuring that you have an exceptional time.
Based on your feedback, it is evident that we did not manage to meet nor exceed your expectations during your extended visit with us. For this I sincerely apologise.
I will be reaching our to you privately in effort to discuss your concerns further.

Warm regards,