“New bakery in town!”

Knead Bakery
Ranked #5 of 6 Bakeries in Pretoria
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria, South Africa
“New bakery in town!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

I enjoyed a light brunch and coffee with business associates. The service was attentive and we sat at a wooden table right next to the bread ovens. The cuppacino's were excellent and would like to return for the Nutella hot chocolate with Smarties! I has a bird's eye view of muffins, breads and rolls being freshly baked a metre from the table. Our table mostly had French toast and toasted sandwiches. The prices were slightly above average, but the quality was excellent and "not your average" fair. The blankets at the tables were a nice winter touch! I am looking forward to returning.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JUSTINE-JESSE

Pretoria
“Wonderful bread, great concept”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

What a great addition to the coffee shops in Pretoria East. We visited Knead on my birthday for breakfast. Good variety of food on the menu and I can recommend a visit for breakfast or lunch. We had french toast, the low carb bread with eggs, eggs and mince on toast - all delicious. I bought some loafs of bread to take home. The muesli bread with dried fruit is to die for. Food is served on wooden platters and one can see the baker in action. We will definitively become regular visitors.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank hermadw
Pretoria
“A Baker's Coffee.”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Knead recently opened a branch in Pretoria! What a lovely place to enjoy a hearty meal. I met a friend here for morning coffee and were welcomed by a friendly waiter. The menu has a wide variety to choose from and I opted for the French Toasted Brioche with pan fried fruit and honey and served with Creme fraiche. It was delicious. My friend has a Three-cheese toasted rye sandwich and was very tasty. The coffee was just perfect. The waiters are well informed about the menu.
A standout feature also, the use of fresh and quality ingredients they use for the dishes. Fresh and scrumptious loaves of bread are sold at the Cafe as well, ready to be taken home!
Knead is a Cafe at heart, whether it is time for breakfast, lunch or just a warm cup of coffee, you'll find something to satisfy your sense at any time of the day!

• Visited June 2014