“Very Improved, excellent manager”

Sacramento Spur Steak Ranch
Ranked #654 of 985 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Sacramento Spur in Karenpark, Pretoria is a family friendly restaurant that serves the best ribs, burgers & steaks. Bring along your kids for some great tasting food & dessert from our famous Spur menu!
Reviewed August 1, 2017

I paid this Spur a visit 3 times now and I have to admit that this Spur had improved in service. My first experience was a bit disappointing, but the manager did respond very well to my concerns at that time.

The second and now the third time I was very pleased. The manager is very actively involved with the customers and is especially friendly and helpful. He quickly pointed out to us new things on the menu and one could see her really wanted us to be pleased.

The food was well prepared and as we have ordered it. This Spur is closer to me and if you are in the North of Pretoria, this is a good place to go. My fiance from Europe was also very happy.

Regardless of how the service might have been in the past, I do now that my last visit was very pleasant to me. Our whole family were pleased.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank KirstenPTA
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Dear KirstenPTA,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! We're thrilled to hear that the food & service was a hit.

We hope to see you and your family again soon for another Spurrrific experience.

Kind regards,
Spur Family

Write a reviewReviews (8)

Reviewed June 4, 2016

me and my family visited the spur last month, the waitress was very lovely but the waiting period for food is not so pleasant hey, not a place to go to when hungry, we waited for about an hour and a half.

Date of visit: May 2016
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2016

Dear 1983arthur,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Sorry to hear that this was your experience - we appreciate the feedback.
If you would like us to discuss this further with you, please do forward this on, together with your contact details to customer-care@spur.co.za and we'll get in touch with you.

Kind Regards,
Spur Family

Reviewed April 27, 2016 via mobile

Received the worst service ever!!! We waited 2 hours for our meals, the waiter was not giving us attention. The fish and calamari meal was bad, it smelled very fishy almost like it was in the fridge for too long. Not going back again because it's the second time I have experienced this bad service

Date of visit: April 2016
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Guest Relations Manager at Sacramento Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2016

Dear Thandi M ,

We appreciate your feedback for Sacramento Spur. Customer service is extremely important to us and we apologise for the level of service you experienced on your visit. Please would you send us your contact details as well as a copy of your email for our customer care team so that they can address this with you and the management team of the restaurant. You can email us on customer-care@spur.co.za.

Kind Regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed September 27, 2015

After the bad experience I had at Spur, I was pleasantly surprised when I got a call from the manager(Jaco) at Sacramento Spur. He sounded genuinely concerned that I didn't have an enjoyable evening. I was very impressed by the swift and attentive response I received from Spur regarding my experience. As a gesture of goodwill Jaco offered us some meal vouchers to make up for the previous experience.

We have been back to Spur a couple of times since my last review and I must say the service and food has been outstanding. Thank You Jaco and Spur for restoring my faith in your business.

Date of visit: September 2015
Spur_Steak_Ranches, Digital Customer Relations at Sacramento Spur Steak Ranch, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Dear MissYola,

We are thrilled to hear that Jaco and his team were able to help turn your Spur experience into an excellent one. Thank you for rating Sacramento Spur steakhouse!

Kind regards,
Spur Steak Ranches

Reviewed August 25, 2015

I went for dinner at the Spur in Wonderpark on Friday evening. What a disappointment. The service was dreadful and the food worse.

My husband and I ordered the steak and buffalo wing combo. We both requested that our meat be medium to well and the wings spicy.

My steak was served rare-almost blue, both our wings were without any seasoning. I chose the vegetable option, the pumpkin was delicious but the "creamed" spinach was soo bland and tasteless.

I asked a correction of my steak, the waiter took it away, I was under the impression I would get another one freshly prepared, however, back came the same steak, but this time it was charred, bitter and tough!

My whole evening was ruined and has put me off Spur for life.

Date of visit: August 2015