“Great Potential”

Beluga Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is still very new and my view is that they should get a chance to proof themselves.
I had Kingklip for main course and was really surprised. It was perfectly cooked and I can honestly recommend it to anyone. I will definitely go back for more.
For dessert we had Lindt Beignet and it was to die for!
Good luck to all at Beluga, I trust that this will become a very successful restaurant.

1  Thank Elmarie B

Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've been many times at Beluga's in CPT. I only heard earlier today that we now have one in Pretoria as well. My wife and I decided to try it and I can honestly say we have enjoyed it. The service was great and our food was very nice. We will definitely come back again.

1  Thank Christo B
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Maybe "mixed feelings" is the start of a bad review? Our experience wasn't perfect - I emailed to make a booking and had to follow up a day later, to receive a reply another day later. Arrived on the night - cold and chilly, to be escorted past a very packed and stuffy restaurant, to a table that was obviously shoved in at the last minute, it was so close to the others that I could barely pull my chair out. We didn't even sit down, and requested a table outside. Yes, it was better to be outside in the cold than inside.... After going through the trouble of making a reservation, this was almost a deal breaker. If it wasn't for my husband's craving for Beef Wellington, we would probably have left and tried some of the other restaurants in the immediate vicinity. The "mixed feelings" part comes in when talking about the waiter and our food. The waiter (I think his name was Cosmos?) was very attentive, without being intrusive. Our food was quite tasty, but sitting outside it got cold very quickly. Going on the reputation of Beluga CPT and JHB, we were eager to try it out - but were a tad disappointed. I will not say that we won't go back - will probably try again for a Saturday lunch or a time where it is not so important to see how many people can be cramped into a relatively small space? The lack of ambience was definitely a downer....

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Having dined at the Cape Town Belugas a number of times, I found this sister restaurant to be a bit of a foster child. The food was OK, but the place lacks in charm and has nothing that would make me rush back for. At those prices, there are better options in the area.

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Food was not good
Service even worste
Needs to pick up the fame big time
Very dissatisfied with the restaurant
Sushi very badly made
Fish was rubbery and over cooked