Review Highlights
SAAF lovers

SAAF lovers this is the place to be You can explore tanks, world war weapons, aeroplanes... read more

Reviewed January 3, 2019
YvetteK194
quite a find

it is a pleasant days outing it it not for the real aviation nut more for the wanna be pilots it is... read more

Reviewed May 3, 2017
143Jhbtraveller
Johannesburg, South Africa

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Pretoria
from $64.16
from $78.42
from $97.30
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2016

On recent holiday to Cape Town I allowed time to visit this museum in my schedule.
Having read their website I duly arrived on a Saturday morning. SAAF Guardroom booked me in and volunteer came to get me.
Imagine my disappointment when he then told me that I could not go to hanger 4 as I was British!
Apparently no foreigners are allowed over to hanger 4 where they keep the aircraft. so if you are not South African dont waste your time.
Strongly suggest museum sorts this out with SAAF or puts warning on their website.

Date of experience: October 2016
2  Thank mikeandjohouse
Reviewed October 30, 2016

Very interesting for young and old. Could do with some maintenance though. Floors not clean. Paintwork not in good condition. Everything looks very 'tired'.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed September 30, 2016

We tried to visit in June 2016 but the museum was apparently closed. The guards at the entry to the gate were not much aware of the museum but were helpful enough to make phone calls and find out. The museum was shut down for reconstruction, indeed as the sign said, and might be open later this year (we were told). I recommend you make a call prior your trip there to avoid dissappointment because the museum's wepage does not mention any of this.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed September 13, 2016

This large static display is based on one of the larger South African Air Force bases contains a comprehensive selection of aircraft that have been operated by the SAAF over several decades.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Calm, quiet and relaxed atmosphere. You are free to explore at your own pace, and there are several hangars where plane's from South Africa's greatest era are on display. Certainly worth a visit if you are interested in South African history and/or aviation from yesteryear.

Date of experience: October 2015