“EXCELLENT! The elephant interactions here are the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Glen Afric

Glen Afric
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT! The elephant interactions here are the best!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

I love Glen Afric, to the extent we considered getting married there. They film the tv show Wild At Heart here, and you can visit the set etc. The elephant encounter here is amazing, the elephants live free in the reserve, and your ranger takes you to see them. I've been to every elephant sanctuary/ interaction place in SA, this is the best! Being in the industry, managing game lodges and hotels, I can honestly say you will not be disappointed.
Their Sunday lunch is also wonderful! I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Urban L

South Africa
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A very special experience”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I was taken to Glen Afric for Sunday lunch and was extremely pleasantly surprised that a piece of heaven like this is so close to Johannesburg - a mere 40 minute drive.

I didn't know anything about Glen Afric but now that I do, I will be back in the not too distant future.

Lunch was excellent with an all-you-can-eat buffet. After lunch, three ellies are brought up so that visitors can feed them. As I love ellies, this was another close experience of the best kind. One can see that these ellies are happy and content.

The lodge has a lot of activities that visitors can experience and my only regret is that we were not there long enough to enjoy it all. Definitely worth a longer stay. The price of accommodation looks very reasonable.

Fell in love with Glen Afric. Keep up the good work of rehabilitating our wonderful wild life.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank RevaB
Pretoria, South Africa
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A wonderful outing in the countryside with game viewing as a bonus”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had lunch at Glen Afric the day after Christmas. The setting on the balcony with the view of the mountains and countryside is wonderful. After lunch the elephants are brought to the main building for feeding time and the experience of touching the elephants and giving them treats was a highlight. Game viewing can be booked as an optional extra together with interactions with the elephants, lions and chetas. Altogether a lovely outing and worth the drive from the city!

Visited December 2013