“Perfect spot for birthday dinner”
Review of Black Bamboo

Black Bamboo
Ranked #6 of 747 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Black Bamboo offers a truly unique, world-class dining experience, which celebrates the synergy between food, wine and art. An ever-changing a-la-carte menu is inspired by international delicacies with a local twist, and a carefully selected wine list offers interesting options for every palate and occasion.
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I recently hosted 40 guests for my birthday dinner at the Black Bamboo. The service was spectacular, particularly the help I got from the manager and chef prior to my party. Everyone had fun. The only criticism I have is that the food wasn't hot when served - probably because of the size of my party!
That said, I would definitely go back and I would definitely recommend the Black Bamboo. The setting is gorgeous, the staff is friendly and the ambience is classy.

1  Thank El-Shebah M

Reviewed June 22, 2014

I liked the setting of this relatively new restaurant in the East of Pretoria. Modern, friendly staff and great food. However, the food was a bit on the cold side for winter. I especially liked the outside areas and the pool looked stunning at night. Can't wait to visit in summer to dine al-fresco. The décor might be a bit stark for some but I loved it.

2  Thank Nico558
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Took my wife to an unknown restaurant to both of us for a change and wow, we were pleasantly surprised. Great menu with something for all tastes, fantastic wine choice and very nice ambience.
A few suggestions though: We were placed at a table very close to the kitchen and also the door to a storeroom or something which was a bit unpleasant.
The red wine temperature was just on the point of being too warm. I would expect a restaurant of this calibre to have a wine cooler or something?
My wife complained about the ladies restroom cleanliness and that there was no toilet paper in the cubicles, although it had been put out on the counter. Also that the toilet bowl was loose on the floor.
There was no attention paid to filling up glasses etc.

Negativity aside, great night, great wine, great food and we will definitely be back!

Quintin W, Owner at Black Bamboo, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your experience and sincerely appreciate the constructive criticism. Be sure we will pay immediate attention to the points you raised.

Hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

Small and intimate restaurant with a minimalistic menu but a taste for everyone. Great food and great service. Loved the wine menu, loads of excellent wines to choose from. Chef introduced himself to us and wanted to know if we were satisfied customers which I think adds such a personal touch to the dining experience. Will certainly revisit

1  Thank sTcO

Thank you for your review on our restaurant. Being a small restaurant it is important for us that your visit is intimate and personal, glad to hear that we achieved that.
As a top contributor it is great to get such positive feedback from you. Looking forward to welcoming you back and hopefully we can make you a regular customer.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

Really excellent, top quality food!!! Value for money!! Staff were friendly and helpful beyond what is normally expected at a restaurant! Great dining experience!

Quintin W, General Manager at Black Bamboo, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Hi Debra,

Thank you for your lovely review, we are always proud when we get such great feedback!
Hope to see you again soon.