“Spicy and scrumptious chicken!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mo-Zam-Bik

Mo-Zam-Bik
Ranked #5 of 668 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria
“Spicy and scrumptious chicken!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

I will go back for more chicken! Here they serve delicious spicy and well prepared chicken! We all enjoyed the dish that we had chosen. The baby chicken is quite a big portion and when it the dish arrived at our table we all commented, Wow that's a mommy chicken! To drink we ordered the R&R ( Rum and Raspberry) and Coke and Red Wine. Both drinks are typical Mozambican and we enjoyed the new taste. Our waiter, Jabu was very friendly and helpful. He was well informed about the menu.Thank you Jabu! It has a great relaxing atmosphere to relax and enjoy good food.. We were not disappointed and will return again. Parking is right next to the restaurant and very safe.

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank BellaPretoria

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
“Brilliant spicy authentic Mozambican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

The food here is really. We tried the chicken kebabs on the skewer and it was delicious. I also tried the prawn. It was divine... Love the food, love the chilled atmosphere, one can just relax and eat here... It is truly one of the best... Real value for money...

Visited February 2014
4 Thank Sreerupa S
Pretoria, South Africa
“Please sir..can I have more chicken”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

They make a fabulous Mo-Zam-Bikan chicken. We have tried a few other items on their menu but the chicken is the only thing I will go back for. I order the quarter chicken and chips or the quarter chicken and prawns with the hot mozambique style sauce and it never disappoints!! Typical Mozambican styled restaurant, ambience is more a pub style - and becomes very noisy on a friday night!! You have to try their R&R - Sparletta and local rum...it will have you whistling home...We were not impressed with the kids menu - they have a few items on the menu for children, but if your kids are not sea food lovers - then there isnt alot of choice.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank JeshC03
Pretoria
“Mo-Zam-bik a dissapointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

Monday early evening I took my wife to Mo-Zam-bik for supper to celebrate her birthday. One of the recommendations from our waiter was "The prawn and chicken curry" at a cost of R165 per person. Both of us decided to take his recommendations, so thats what we ordered.
If I have to summarize my plate I would say 5 medium praws unshelled with a couple pieces of chicken with a nice sauce. Add to this some pieces of frozen veggies slightly fried and thats it.
The sauce was very nice but the rest was really not up to standard. Try and peel a prawn with your knife and fork because no handwash bowl was supplied and the sauce made it impossible to peel with one's hands.
After the meal the bill arrived and we were charged an extra R40 for chinken. I asked the waiter about this and he just walked away. After quiet some time we were aproached by what I assumed to be the manager. I pointed out the entry to him and he said it was a mistake. Took the bill and dissapeared without another word. He came back later and stretched across a barrier to hand my wife the new bill (minus the R40 chicken entry) He turned and walked away with no apologies offered.
Mo-Zam-bik was a huge dissapointment to me.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Tienie S
Charles M, General Manager at Mo-Zam-Bik, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Good day,

I am terribly sorry your wife's birthday turned out that way. I was unfortunately off on the above mentioned day. The way this matter was handled doesn't sound professional at all. My sincerest apologies. If you could please make contact with me on 012 817 2014 or on silverlakes@mozambik.co.za I would like to rectify or somehow make it up to you guys. As I pride myself in customer satisfaction and quality.
I hope to hear from you soon.

Warm Mozambikan Regards,
Charlie
Pretoria, South Africa
“Good Food, Excellent sevice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

We Celebrated Mothers day at Mozambik, we were a table of 18, we asked our waiter for separate bills,(3 families) which he kindly did with no hassle at all. He looked after us the whole day, we never had to ask for ice/wine etc.. Good food, good service.. Happy Customers :)

Visited May 2014