“Pure class !”

Ranked #2 of 747 Restaurants in Pretoria
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

I recently visited this fantastic restaurant which has been part of my dining favourites for many years (at least 15 years) and once again proofed to be pure class.Exceptional evening out!

15  Thank George S

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Best food in a long time. From starter till desert. We were there for my birthday with family. Everybody had a great time and enjoyed the food. Waiters look good after our table and they explaint the menu to us. We all go back to restaurant. You wont be sorry! My nr 1 restaurant in Pretoria so far.

11  Thank Trix J
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I have been a patron of the restaurant for many years and when I recently felt like having a special meal, only one restaurant came to mind.

Once again, I was very satisfied. Good ambiance, good food and excellent service.. Need I say more.

13  Thank Jaco B
Reviewed July 18, 2014

The food we had was of great quality, and reasonably priced.

Picking one starter was a challenge; there were so many delicious sounding ones - even though we are picky eaters (read: we prefer boring food).

The mains were great tasting and we were not able to finish our meals, so the portions are quite generous too.

Their wine list caries a good range of wines ranging from exquisite to affordable - but I don't think there is one that I would recommend avoiding. Even the cellar selection offers some good value. Overall I'd estimate their mark-up ~2.5 times what you could buy the wines for at a good retailer.

Unfortunately the service we experienced this time was less than stellar, with very in-frequent visits to fill up glasses or take alternative drink orders. The apparent regulars and foreigners around us did get a bit more attention though.

I have to admit it was a bit too noisy to count as romantic (and the fish killing and eating one of their own in the aquarium next to us did not help!), but it was not so loud as to distract from the great eating, or have a decent conversation.

As always; we'd be back.

10  Thank JanRap
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We went to Pachas on 29/06/2014 as a send off for our parents on their oversees trip. My wife and I shared the smoked springbok starter and both had the duck. What a great choice!!! The restaurant has a great atmosphere and we really enjoyed the outing!

Thank you Pachas for providing us with such great food!

13  Thank SAFarmer