“Fine dining at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Granita

Granita
Ranked #487 of 678 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Granita, offers a fine dining experience with innovative dishes created by head chef Sammy Mashile, and an award-winning wine list.At Granita the focus is on fresh organic produce provided by local farmers and producers. Chef Sammy uses the finest local and seasonal ingredients, to create a fresh fusion of flavours that offers diners a five-star culinary experience, whether you prefer a meal a la carte, or an enthralling food and wine pairing.The Granita Wine Cellar is ideal for small, more intimate private gatherings and can accommodate up to 12 people.The a la carte menu changes with the season to ensure that only the freshest available produce is used, and that guests experience new dishes regularly.Granita also offers a 5-course Sunday lunch. The menu can be paired with wines from the award-winning wine list which are sold by the glass. The Gourmet Menu is a six course tasting menu of dishes selected from the a la carte menu. Each course has been paired with a select wine from our award-winning wine list.
Pretoria, South Africa
“Fine dining at it's best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

Wow compliments to the chef.....
Service not so good, got first starter and waited a long time for the soup and then fish before main course....
But the food makes up for any inconvenience! Well done!

• Visited May 2014
KievitsKroon, Owner at Granita, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
This is great feedback, thank you. I'm pleased you enjoyed your meal so much and have passed on your compliments to our head chef. The service issues have been addressed since your visit, and I hope you will notice the difference when you next visit us.

“Mothersday Blessing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

I decided to take my Mother and Grandmother for lunch and a day at the Spa.
We were welcomed by every single person from the gate all the way to Granita, the spa and back out again. We received complimentary welcome drinks when we waited at the Library Bar before taken to be seated.The staff's approach towards the guests was marvelous and made you feel welcomed.

The dining experience at Granita was beyond perfect! The food was definitely a 5 Star Culinary Experienced as promised. The Main course was even bigger than I anticipated. Special attention was given to detail and the taste was sublime!

The pa treatment was out of this world. Mother and Gran couldn't speak enough about the experience.

Thank you Kievits Kroon for making it a day to remember!

We will see you soon for our THIRD VISIT!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Krulkop
KievitsKroon, Owner at Granita, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
What a lovely review! Thank you for taking the time to post it. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you all back at Kievits Kroon soon.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Food and art - time required”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Last week we went to Granita Signature restaurant to spoil ourselves. We received a cosy corner in the cellar, with efficient yet unobtrusive service.

You need to have time as this outing is at least 2 hours, as they bring beautiful food which you enjoy with a wine pairing. As I dont know wines I like it when the restaurant takes the guessing out of the picture.
The rich mushroom soup and fish scallops were a highlight. The waitress knew her menu and ingredients.

We chose to have our chocolate dessert in 41 Library, and ordered a 1970 port to accompany, this stylish setting with a flicking fire created a perfect end to the evening. We'll be back.

• Visited April 2014
KievitsKroon, Manager at Granita, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Thank you for this great review of our gourmet wine-pairing menu in Granita. I'm delighted your enjoyed your evening with us and hope you'll be back soon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Lovely afternoon lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2013

Lunch at Granita was included as part of the spa treatments I was invited to experience with a friend recently. It's very serene out here, overlooking a large garden where some were picnicking - something I'd love to do the next time.

The waiters were attentive, and made sure we were okay, or needed a refill for drinks. Our 3 course lunch was excellent. The food was good, and while the portions are not as big as you'd expect, I found it to be just the right size for a 3 course meal. Presentation of all my courses were beautiful, and the calamari steak main dish was superb. If only the main dish was slightly larger!

I'd definitely return to the spa and lunch here. If you haven't already, it's great as a romantic spot, as well as going with friends.

• Visited September 2013
KievitsKroon, Owner at Granita, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for this great review. I'm delighted you enjoyed your lunch and your visit to Kievits Kroon and hope that you'll be back to experience a picnic on the lawns this summer. You will not be disappointed!
Alan O'Leary, Managing Director
“Superb Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

After a recent spa day at the Kievits Kroon Spa I have been following Kievits Kroon on Twitter which aided me in winning a luncheon for 2 a the Kingsley Restaurant.

My husband and I enjoyed a superb buffet with so many varieties of food we were spoiled for choice. The food is absolutely delicious and certainly worthy of a 5 star recommendation. I really enjoyed the fact that from the starters, through to the main, to the desserts and cheese board the food was prepared differently than a "normal" buffet which can be found at any buffet catering restaurant. The variety and different plates had stunning flavours such as the delicious lamb stuffed with pistacchio nuts was superb to name just one amazing choice.

The atmosphere is wonderful. The staff are very professional and provide exceptional customer service. I really felt like royalty and noticed that they treated everyone like royalty.

I highly recommend Kievits Kroon.

• Visited June 2013
KievitsKroon, Owner at Granita, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
This is a fabulous review, thank you for taking the time to post it. I'm delighted that our buffet restaurant Kingsley's exceeded your expectations. I recommend you try our signature fine dining restaurant, Granita, next time you visit Kievits Kroon!
Alan O'Leary, Managing Director