“Nice suprise”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We were meant to have breakfast at Vovo-tela but their queues were too long. We strolled around and found these guys with some space to spare.

Inside is a bit noisy with the hustle an bustle of breakfast service so we moved outside.

The coffee was nice and the waiters friendly.

My sister ordered the breakfast with poached eggs. When they arrived they looked a bit overcooked and sparse. When we asked if we could rather change the eggs to scrambled, quick as a flash they had brought new, scrambled eggs. With no hesitation or disinterest.

Breakfasts are tricky, they nailed it. Overall experience was lovely.

Will be going back.

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

After many years of visiting the first TriBeCa cafe in Brooklyn square we decided to try out there flagship store.

Food was very average. Omelet with mushrooms was nothing to rave about. Omelet itself was to think and I found myself just eating egg!!! Blue berry crumpets with bacon where fried in the bacon pan and had absorbed all the oil...... Very yuk.

I just hope my days of sitting in Brooklyn square having a pizza and a beer don't change.

Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a lunch here recently, waitress was not great at all, I asked her if could have onion rings and chips with my burger and she replied 'That would be impossible' and put me off immediately. The burger like the service was below average on this day.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Enjoyed a meal at this cool place on a warm spring evening. I found this centre by accident and after parking the car I walked around the restaurants and settled for Tribeca Standard. The setting is really chilled with kids running and dancing around the lights and through the water feature and a theatre situated there as well. I was not disappointed with the service and the meal which was great, being half roast duck. The dish drew some comments for nearby tables and it tasted as good as it looked. Pity my better half was not here to share the evening with me.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I asked the waiter which he would recommend - the red velvet cake or cupcake... he recommended the red velvet cheese cake instead. It was absolutely divine! And some of the best coffee around too. A must try when in the area!!

1  Thank MichelleGoosen