“Now our favourite restaurant in Pretoria”
Review of Namaskar

Namaskar
Ranked #58 of 687 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Johannesburg, South Africa
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Now our favourite restaurant in Pretoria”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

We would highly recommend this restaurant - it should be listed under Pretoria's top 10. Not only is the menu extensive but very affordable. Definitely more of a grown-up eatery with tasteful decor and a peaceful and relaxed ambiance so leave your kiddies are home and enjoy a quiet adults' night out. Great food! Attentive waiters and good hands-on management.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Riaan V

Bedfordview, Gauteng, South Africa
“Good Indian Food”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We travelled all the way from the East Rand to experience this jewel in Pretoria. We ordered different dishes and I must say, each one unique. The Restaurant is in safe centre and very quite and clean. The owner was so friendly and talked at our table a few times during the evening. If you a curry fan, then this place is a must.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank James R
Pretoria, South Africa
“Lovely Indian food, and now they serve Indo-Chinese as well!”
Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

What a lovely selection on the menu! For instance, first time I've been able to choose between five or six types of Naan, including one with western style cheddar cheese and another with nuts, raisins and coconut. The cheese naan turned out to be delicious. We also shared a chicken korma (devine!) and two other dishes which the friendly wife of the owner helped us choose. Prices are slightly higher than average, but the quality is good and the portions are generous. Rice is included in the price of a main course dish, so no unpleasant surprises there. Altogether a good experience.
Just below Namaskar is the office where you hand in your visa application for India. Most appropriate.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank ElmarieTshwane
Pretoria, South Africa
“A little india brought to Pretoria”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

its difficult for a person with a love of proper Durban curry to enjoy any "curry" served in Pretoria - or anywhere but Durban really.
...I am one of those people.

Will say that Namaskar is really pretty close to getting there!
the atmosphere and decor of the restaurant is superb!!!
the people always friendly.

Visited December 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Rude Owner”
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I'm tired of Restaurants been rude to moms. This one puts the cherry on the top, I've been there on 3 occasions (forced to) and it didn't get any better. The owner is rude and I think she doesn't like having kids at her restaurant. She insulted me and my child twice already. The food is over priced and taste spicy. I will not recommend this place to anyone, I dont understand how she even runs it. She needs to learn whats customer experience is and stop thinking she has a place of gold.

• Visited May 2014