All reviews ocean basket pick n pay walking distance nearby shops close to the hotel decent size the hotel is clean amazing hotel restaurant staff easy access parking area double bed menlyn mall friendly service feel at home pleasant stay hatfield
Selected filters
Reviewed April 15, 2019

All the meals were a feast at Protea Hatfield. The staff were so helpful and friendly. The complimentary van was a thoughtful gesture and the location was perfect- quiet, clean and walking distance from the university I was training at, and the shopping malls.

Room tip: the complimentary van is available only during the working week
Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed January 31, 2019

I was booked there for conference by our office. The rooms are big enough, a little varanda there. while i appreciate the King or Queen Size, i think a double bed would give more space for the movement. Nonetheless, i really enjoyed the tiny in-built cupboard which has its own light. The toilet has a shower and is quite spacious. I also did like that they are environemental friendly with many notes with the electricity and the towels. I am not sure the staff know about it or maybe they are really good with cleaning. my towels are always smooth and feel brand new.
I particularly enjoy that they do not charge people for visitors. I appreciated the staff, in particular this one amazing lady, who was really caring for us while in the meeting and my extra demands! Overall, all staff seem to know about hospitality which is quite refreshing.
The Chef is great with the deserts, you get a traditional south african meal and breakfast. It was a bit of a bore sometimes for five days we felt like there was not much variety. So the main meals/buffet we had were not satisfying and I opted to eat out for most of my meals or just splurge on the desert!!

Room tip: choose a room on the second floor - they seem bigger. i only saw one.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Makalo K, Sales and Marketing Executive at Protea Hotel Pretoria Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Good Day Neischacmm,

Fristly, thank you for the review. Our guest feedback is an integral part of our hotel and it helps us improve the overall guest experience. Thank you for the kind words and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We will share the feedback with the relevant teams as well.

Once again, thank you for choosing Protea Hotel by Marriott Pretoria Hatfield and we look forward to welcoming you to our property again whenever your travels lead you back to Pretoria.

Makalo Khaketla
Sales & Marketing Executive
(012) 364 0300
makalo.khaketla@proteahotels.com

Reviewed December 11, 2018

The customer support as well as all staff that we met (breakfast, check in/out...) extremely friendly and helpful. Can only give the 100%. Could mention individual names, but not sure if I would forget one, so my compliments to all!

Date of stay: December 2018
Reviewed November 9, 2018 via mobile

Wow experience at Protea Hotel. The Staff are very welcoming, accommodating and were always at our service.

We stayed 6nights and it was awesome.
Itz best to book online cos itz cheaper online and weekends are cheaper than Week days.

For a family, they have baby cot, bath bowl, microwave and fridge when you request.

4bottles of still water is also available and can be replaced at all time for no cost.

The cleaning department always on point. We call for cleaning lots of times cos of the children and they come without complaining.

The meals are buffets at 175 and 195rands for breakfast and dinner.

Although, there was really no variety (for me as a Nigerian) but am sure the food was great for others.

Lots of fast food joints and Chinese restaurants around. Wimpy restaurant is a good place for breakfast, ocean basket next door is a great place for seafood, Romans pizza is also great and the Chinese restaurant close to city lodge is also good.

Its advisable to always have a bag for your phones and money safe around your neck or in your pocket.

Its advisable not to walk alone when going out of the hotel.

There is a gym area on the 7thfloor.

The manager and the receptionist were great... they provided a babysitter at a cost per day.

There is a movie theater very close to the hotel *9mins drive.

The hotel also provides free shuttles before 5pm.

They can also change money from dollar to rand as long as you have your International passport.

In this Town, u need uber app. The local arrangements are more expensive.

There is also a children Park about 15mins walk from the hotel. If u have kids, you will love the park.

The mall Opposite the hotel is also full of great things ... VISIT the crazy store and the creativity shop.

I had a lovely time at protea. Thanks to the Staff.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 6, 2018

I stayed at Protea Hotel Hartfield for 2 days, the hotel felt like home, the paintings in their restaurant were of our Namib Desert and it gave me the home feel :-)

The rooms are very nice, friendly staff and its well located i must say.

Date of stay: October 2018
MakaloK1, Marketing Plan Co-ordinator at Protea Hotel Pretoria Hatfield, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2018

Good Day Sylvia,

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel whenever your travels bring you back to the capital city.

Kind Regards,