“Homely”

Town Lodge Menlo Park
Ranked #31 of 74 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

When possible, I stay at the Town Lodge when visiting Pretoria. Close to high way, close to shopping centre and close to main businesses. Rooms are always clean with all required amenities. No frills. Breakfast more than sufficient.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Niel G
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Thank you for the good review! We're glad you enjoy the breakfast offerings at our hotel and that you find the rooms clean and well equipped. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed February 24, 2014

A great place to stay. Clean, comfortable,classy with Happy ,Helpful staff. Feels like home. I will definitely stay there again on my visits to Pretoria.
Keep up the good standard. Breakfast excellent value for money too.
Thank you.

Room Tip: Excellent Value for money. Friendly happy staff. I would defintely recommend a stay here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank 140Anonymous
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Thank you for the awesome review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

From the first appearance this motel seems very nice, but the moment you walk in the lobby there is a terrible stench, apparently a residual smell from the restaurant. didn't think much about it until the next morning when they were cooking breakfast the smell was so strong it made me nauseous !!! I had to run from our room to the outside of the motel. they put us in room 113, the first morning and each morning thereafter the room would fill with the stench, it combined with the God awful smell of the Jacaranda Trees caused me to not eat for 5 days, needless to say a very unpleasant trip, the staff were somewhat friendly and the rooms were extremely small!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tvfgf
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay - we will look into your comments.

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Central to great shopping and other attractions. Only cater for two occupants so there are no sleeper couches available in any of the rooms. Very clean and welcoming climate in the lodge. Seriously you couldn't stay anywhere for R560 per night and get anything better than this. We made use of the spouse on the house option when we booked online at www.citylodge.co.za

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeff A
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Thanks for your review - we are chuffed you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The reason you stay at this hotel is because it is near the city centre. You can drive into the city within 10 minutes without trouble. As you are on he outskirts you are limited for choices regarding restaurans. Luckily there are a restaurant on the premise that you can visit if you do not want to travel. The food are ok.

The rooms are typical of a budget hotel but everything is clean and well maintained. Your choices for breakfast are limited but it is well prepared and tasty.

Staff are well trained and efficient.

Room Tip: One facing away from the road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tuscany987
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

Thank you for your comments - we are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you again soon..

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights (31st march - 3rd April) in room 312, from the moment I walked into the reception area I was made to feel very welcome. Very friendly reception staff (ESP Prince) who couldn't do enough for me. The room I stayed in was spotlessly clean and adequate for my kneads. I cannot praise the staff highly enough, every time I past reception I was greeted with a "good morning, afternoon, evening". When I come back to South Africa again to visit my friends in Pretoria I'd most defiantly be staying in this hotel again. The hotel was immaculately clean & the staff amazingly friendly. Kudos to the hotel staff & hotel management.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your very kind review - we are so glad our staff came up trumps!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

A very basic inn suitable for short stopovers if you need to be in the area. The office parks of Eastern Pretoria are just over the freeway, which is inaudible from the hotel, as is the giant Menlyn shopping center.
The rooms are tiny and sparsely equipped. I can't remember when last I was in a hotel room with one standard double bed. Couples sharing will be very much on top of each other. The cleaning is fine but with old-style sheets and blankets on the bed. It's best not to inspect the blankets too closely. A very significant omission for business travellers is an in-room safe.
Breakfast is simple but fine. Staff were good too and there is a pool and free computer if needed. Room service from the attached restaurant was quick and reasonably priced but the food was awful.
Fine for a single-night stopover but I'd need a spectacularly good price deal to keep me here longer.

Room Tip: Ground floor at the front looks at the parking lot and has no privacy. Ground floor at the back look...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BadgerCT
Angus M, Public Relations Manager at Town Lodge Menlo Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Thank you for your comments. Please note that our City Lodge and Courtyard brands offer more features and services than our Town Lodge brand.