Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Sheraton.com
$52
Book Now with Marriott Bonvoy
$46
Get rewarded with One Key
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019 via mobile

The Sheraton Hotel in Pretoria is well located directly across from the Union Buildings. If you are lucky enough to have a well appointed room, you will be able to enjoy the architecturally pleasing historical buildings and the beautiful gardens. After a busy day of work related events, it is wonderful to unwind near the pool watching the activities on the lawns across the road and the statuesque presence of Madiba in the gardens as the sun sets on the city sky line.

The hotel is generally well run except for the restaurant. Breakfast is mediocre and you will be surprised that a hotel of this calibre has chipped cups on the table, empty pepper shakers and tomato sauce that has turned rancid in the miniature serving bottles. Some of the staff try really hard but overall standards are suboptimal.

The rooms are well serviced. However the bath had not been well cleaned in my room. The green limited cleaning option to conserve water is a good idea but is misunderstood by the staff. If this option is selected, beverages still need to be replenished and refuse bins must be cleared. Instead choice of the green option results in absolutely no servicing of the rooms. The housekeeping manager Vimla Naidoo is an asset to the hotel and tried her best to address and correct problems. Although the rooms are spacious and nicely decorated, the wooden floors are a safety hazard as they are too slippery.

My trips to Pretoria are infrequent and I would like to stay at the Sheraton in the future provided hospitality standards are improved.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Meander816691
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Meander816691,

We appreciate you staying with us and sharing your experience in so much detail. On behalf of my entire team, I apologize for falling short of your expectations with regard to the Make a Green Choice Program. I assure you this was never our goal and your feedback will be used as a training tool for future guest interactions and positive promotion of the program. We are looking forward to all the improvements our new Executive Chef will be implementing from today.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Regards,

Reviewed March 23, 2019 via mobile

1st of all the reception person only greeted me and did not bother to greet my wife , and she was abit take. Aback as this was the 1st 5 star place we stay in SA , also we were told to pay R80 additional for parking and ideally this should be included in the rate as ther area is not all that safe , when we went to the room there was only one cup and one gown so did not set up room for 2 people and also the sink was clogging and we constantly had to wait for the water to go out , we then took a stroll to the pool area and were told just to dial the bar for service , the phone there was not working , i had to walk downstairs to get someone to serve us and he took so long on each action drinks food and eventually we said we going back to room about 1,5 hours later and he came up to room i asked him to put pull on room account and he said no credit on my room yet at reception they took a amount almost double the price of the room as a holding account - overall a cocnsistent amount of bad experiences here tells me that the hotel is not upholding the service and standards for a 5 star hotel and eventually this goes down

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Pascal30, General Manager at Sheraton Pretoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2019

Dear NielD50,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and making us aware of your concerns. We’ll most certainly do everything in our power to improve the overall service in all areas and focus on attention to detail.

I want to offer you an apology for not meeting your expectations and hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with the service you expect.

Warm regards, Pascal Fouquet

Reviewed March 23, 2019

Stayed for 6 nights for business. Good selection for breakfast (inc. buffet options). First night ate at the restaurant and it was great! Recommend the T-Bone! The hotel was very busy - with lots of separate conferences and workshops happening - so was fully booked up. Didn't feel the safest to walk around the area. The hotel staff called Ubers which worked really well for both picking up and dropping off.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Sheraton is one of my favourite hotels. Whether I am on business or leisure,this is the place for me. What I love most is their variety of food for everyone. Even if you are Vegan, you will eat your heart's content. Then they have a selection of some of the great teas. The reception is wonderful. However it is important to pack all your belongings because you might not be lucky to get back whatever you might leave behind. But this will always remain my first choice in Pretoria.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank tsheozamoloto2006
Reviewed March 12, 2019

Stayed here for a week including a weekend. The food provided at breakfast, lunch (for our conference) and the evening was all of a high standard; freshly cooked, varied, tasty and hot.
My room, overlooking the pool and the Union building, was very comfortable with everything I needed and quiet.
The stand out point was the service. The staff and especially management were exemplary, ensuring the conference ran smoothly and all delegates were catered for.
The only source of frustration was the wifi which could be improved as it dropped in and out reasonably frequently.

Date of stay: February 2019