All reviews gautrain station parking area business stay breakfast buffet walking distance hatfield conference
Reviewed June 30, 2018

The hotel was clean and everything worked, but the hotel has an anonymous feeling about it. It wants to be a hip hotel but the feeling isn't there. When I arrived I was told they were fully booked and that I wouldn't get my room, despite that I had booked more then one month in advance. When I raised this I all of a sudden they came up with a room. They seemed very stressed overall.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FortisManor, General Manager at Fortis Hotel Manor, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Dear Sofie545

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate the feedback; this helps us to improve where we did not meet your expectations. Your comments are important to us and I have shared them with the management team.

Kind regards

Reviewed April 30, 2018

The rooms I got was very spacious and good.
The location is very is in the vibey nice area for unwinding, eating stalls within walking proximity.
Very neat entrance.
Breakfast was nice with variety to choose from.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
FortisManor, General Manager at Fortis Hotel Manor, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2018

Dear Kabelo M

Thank you for your great review!

GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Fortis Hotel Manor again soon.

Reviewed January 29, 2018

As a travel agent, on a short business trip. I had the worst possible stay at a PROTEA Hotel!

Moved rooms 3 times. Once due to a very noisy room, secondly due to an Aircon not working and lastly because there was no hot water. 3 room shift in a matter of an hour! Terrible! This is the last thing you need after a long day out in Pretoria's heat!

Decided to settle down in my last room and have a cup of coffee only to find the coffee mug stained. Definitely not washed!

The only plus point about the hotel is their friendly staff who are ever willing to assist you.

On that note, as a travel agent, I will definitely not put my clients up at this hotel as I would not want them to experience the same thing I experienced. Unless I know for sure that they have upped their standards, I will not be visiting them any time soon!

Definitely not Protea Hotel Standards. I've stayed at many Protea Hotels arounnd the world and have never been through this type of experience before!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank BHAVEEN B
Protea Hotel M, General Manager at Fortis Hotel Manor, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2018

Dear Ms Bhagwandas,

First of all I would like to thank you for your constructive feedback on your recent visit to Protea Hotel Manor. Please accept my sincere apologies for the discomfort and inconvenience that you have experienced during your stay in 19-21 January 2018.

You are an extremely important client to Protea Hotel Manor and I assure you that your experience in no way represents the standard we're trying to achieve. We are as committed as ever to providing each GUEST with a most memorable and magnificent experience.

There are no excuses that our STAFF did not follow the hotel check in and maintenance procedure.
The room with water problem and air-con issue should have been put on order of order until the issues were addressed.
I confirm that this matter has been investigated and that our TEAM has taken the appropriate action to rectify the shortcomings in our service and facilities. Thank you for taking the time to give us your constructive criticism, as it is absolutely necessary for us to know how our GUESTS experience our service. Your comments have reached the attention of all involved and have assisted us in creating a commitment to ensure that situations such as these do not arise in the future.

Your interest and concern are much appreciated, and trust that this experience will not deter you from using our establishment in future and from referring your CLIENTS to come and stay with us.

Kind Regards

Monique Kiefer ( General Manager)

Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

After complaining about noice we were moved to another room. This was just as bad. If you need rest dont go here. Noice from street, cleaning staff, other guests and neighbouring buildings. Rooms had bad smell. Pool area was occupied by people who brought in coolers with own alcohol. Not sure they were guests

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Protea Hotel M, General Manager at Fortis Hotel Manor, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear MARCEL,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Guest Satisfaction Survey in regards to your recent stay at the Protea Hotel Pretoria Manor.

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your recent stay. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues that you have brought to our attention. The relevant Department heads are investigating further.We appreciate your feedback and trust that this is an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Pretoria.

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Wow experience. Good vibes. Excellent. The warm welcome. The staff all smiling. The Food Department is excellent. The conference package is excellent. A great location close to a lot of services. The Hotel offers a lot of pampering to guests.

Room Tip: Rooms in higher floors are quieter and up class
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business

Thank you for your great review!
GUEST feedback is imperative for us to ensure that we are meeting and exceeding our GUESTS’ expectations. Your comments are therefore much appreciated, and we hope to have the privilege of welcoming you to Protea Hotel Manor again soon.