“Frosty Welcome”

Koi
Ranked #76 of 738 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koi Restaurants, the leader in contempory Asian Cuisine. At Koi we strive to bring you the latest in Asian trends mixed with our own touch of Western style in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Although my wife and I visited this restaurant on a chilly evening, it wasn't as frosty as the welcome. The restaurant was about 70% full and we visited on the chance of a table without a booking. We were told in no uncertain terms that we were very fortunate to be allowed in since their books were reporting a full house that evening.
There was no wait time. We sat close to the door and more people left than arrived meaning the occupancy dropped throughout the evening. Yet, I failed to feel 'fortunate'.
The service was attentive, however, on more than one occasion we needed to summon assistance. We also had to ask for the bill after the plates were cleared away and we indicated we had finished.
The food was well presented, hot and very tasty. I had the spring rolls and my wife the edamame. For mains we opted for salads which were brought with a very tasty dressing. Delicious.
There is a good selection of teas and the wines were available by the glass.
I would certainly go again, but, not incur the wrath of the maitre d' by booking first.

1  Thank Tkirkbri

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Whilst the restaurant itself is showing sings of wear and tear the food and service remain consistently good. You would need to book for a Friday night . The barmen are to be commended .

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We tried a bit of everything: the dim sum was ok, the noddles were great and the sushi was pretty good, although a bit colder than I would have liked. Great wine list and tea menu, nice decoration and great service (Michael was really helpful with our choices).

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The Koi restaurants in Gauteng - Rosebank, Sandton and Pretoria - all serve consistently good food. The ambience is great and I absolutely love the dim sum. This review is of the Pretoria Restuarant at Lynwood Bridge. The location is excellent - Lynwood bridge looks soul-less from the outside but once in the atmosphere is great with lots of trendy eating places and quirky shops. The Koi menu is simple and you can be assured that most of what you order is good or great. The tuna dishes are my favorite since they get it right in terms of how rare/cooked it is and the salads are great.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Koi offers the best sushi in Pretoria, plus an interesting dim sum menu and (upstairs) beautiful decor. (Be sure to book a table in that section, and check out the fish mural as you walk upstairs.) The special sushi selection is interesting. Share two dim sum selections with a guest (I recommend butternut/spinach/feta and prawn/mushroom), then order one sushi platter (the portions are large - I love the cajun salmon skin california roll but wasn't impressed by the rock shrimp tempura roll).