“Great food and service”

Koi
Ranked #45 of 769 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Koi Restaurants, the leader in contempory Asian Cuisine. At Koi we strive to bring you the latest in Asian trends mixed with our own touch of Western style in a warm, welcoming atmosphere.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a "walk in" Saturday lunch at Koi. Service by Ben was stunning. I am not a great fan of Eastern food but this was excellent. All the dishes we had we delightful, beautifully cooked and presented. Prices are undoubtedly on the high side but worth it. The wine prices were very similar to other restaurants of this standard and certainly not a rip off. Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We went to the Koi tonight to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary. Had Sushi for a starter and line fish for the main course. Friendly staff, good food and an easy evening. Food did not make me uncomfortable although it was quite a lot. A bit expensive but well worth it.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was invited to have a belated birthday luch with my eldest sister. As the restaurant was unknown to me I did not know what to expect. The Dim Sum was ordered on my behalf and I had the Salmon on Noodles with a Wasabi dressing. What an amazing dish. They did not skimp on the Salmon and the dressing was perfect. With the lunch we had some Plum Saki. I had Saki once before and did not enjoy the taste at all. This was just the opposite. Our waiter was extremely well informed and made brilliant sugestions.

His service was without fault in fact it was excellent. He was attentave without being invasive. This would be a restaurant I would love to visit again. I agree the restaurant is a little expensive but for special occasions I would not mind this, and as this was a "birthday gift" I only enjoyed the experience.

When looking at the menu with all the mouthwatering dishes I found it difficult to make a choice. I was releived when I was informed we are not going to order Sushi but we are going to try other dishes. I think this is in part what made the lunch so enjoyable and special.

Thank you to the staff and management for making this such a special day.

Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

What AWESOME sushi that melts in your mouth. You never want your plate to be done, but unfortunately it does happen... My idea then is... Start all over again!!! Mmm... Very happy customer!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Minilist decor as befits a Sushi Bar. Wide open spaces which makes it noisy. The service is excellent but the sushi, although it looks mouthwatering good only average and very pricy. The wine list very disappointing. What is wrong with all the SA restaurants? SA has some of the best wines in the world and a huge variety. But Koi stocks blow average wines and exorbitant cost. We had the cheapest (bad) wine for which we would not have paid R20 rand and paid R150. Sorry but we are not prepared to pay R289 for a R50 wine, the price of the the only good wine on their wine list (in our opinion). That was not even the most expensive either. Also the cloth serviettes although laundered, when you fold them open they are spotted and made from some fabric that feels tacky.