“A HIDDEN GEM”

Ranked #8 of 752 Restaurants in Pretoria
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Read about The Tin Roof Cafe quite by chance & decided to give it a try. Wow!!! From the call to make the booking, the setting, the service & of course the food, everything was over & above what one has come to accept from most restaurants these days. There is a lovely laid back atmosphere sitting outside in the winter sun whilst having a really 5 star meal but not at 5 star prices. The staff are very well trained & around when you need them. Tin Roof is definitely going to become a favourite eaterie

Reviewed July 27, 2014

On Saturday 26th July 2014 we held a luncheon for 36 people at Tin Roof Cafe to celebrate my wife's 60th birthday. I can honestly rate every aspect of this event as excellent. From the ambiance of the venue, the pleasant, helpful and professional attitude of the owner, Jenny and her staff, to the quality of the the food.
I recommend with the greatest confidence the choice of Tin Roof Cafe for a meal or a special event such as ours.
Thank you Jenny and staff for making our special day even more memorable.
Carl and Carol Stegmann

Reviewed July 17, 2014

We last visited Tin Roof Cafe in February and said we wouldn't return but after reading so many rave reviews we decided to give it another go. On a freezing evening we were welcomed with a raging fire. My wife ordered the parsnip soup which she really enjoyed while I ordered the trio of calamari, chirizo & haloumi. This was very tasty but the warm food was served on an ice cold plate which quickly turned the warm starter to a cold one. So as per our last visit the starters were pretty good but again the mains were really poor. My wife had the braised pork neck which was served on a hot plate with warm gravy but the meat was cold. This was sent back to be warmed. The flavour was to be polite, very confused. Never tasted anything like it and my wife left most of the meal. No one asked why the meal was left and I really dont think anyone cared. I ordered the Thai Red chicken & prawn curry. How disappointing. My 3 prawns were very well cooked but my 3 pieces of chicken wing on the bone were dry and chewy. The rice was served on the plate with the curry on top which the "curry sauce" soaked into and became stodgy. I'm still not sure why it was called a curry as there was no heat in it at all. I don't think a chilli came anywhere near the pot. On our previous visit we said we wouldn't return and this time we really mean it.

2  Thank AlanPretoria
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I had never heard of Tin Roof until I was invited to a friend's birthday party. What a lovely surprise. The food is top notch and everyone around me ordered different dishes. All looked lovely. Although the food is 5 star, the ambience is stylishly comfortable. I would love to go during the day for a lunch as the grounds look lovely! Keep it up!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Tin Roof Cafe is the best! Winter or summer, inside around the fire or outside in the beautiful garden, the food and ambience are always superb. Whether it is a year end function, kitchen tea, family lunch or a romantic dinner, one is in for a treat! The staff are friendly and helpful and Jenny is a wonderful hostess!