“Breakfast to die for”
Review of Blos Cafe

Blos Cafe
Ranked #32 of 761 Restaurants in Pretoria
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Blos café is a boutique café and function venue, on the corner of Olympus Road and Leander Road in Faerie Glen, Pretoria. We are a 7 day operation mostly day trade with the option to host exclusive evening functions for guests with parties of 20 or more. Our vibrant menu caters for the everyday diner by taking lighter meals to a whole new level. Dishes have a contemporary twist without losing their identity, with the emphasis focussed on uncompromised freshness and flavour. We pride ourselves on providing exemplary service without compromise. The atmosphere is entirely relaxed and caters for the individual wanting to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, and also for those looking to meet with friends, family and for those who are looking to host their own special event. We offer a variety of seating options to our guests, and give them the choice of sitting in our renovated old farm house or the serenity of our garden. Blos café is where passion and commitment meets a relaxed and informal setting, which for us has proved this far to be our little piece of heaven and a recipe for success.
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Huge selection of really delicious breakfasts for everyone's tastes. Setting is surrounded by huge trees and green lawns, very tranquil

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Probably the best brownies I have ever had anywhere. Coffee was also very nice. We did not try the savoury foods but everyone enjoyed their cakes very much.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

I went there on Saturday with my friend for tea and cake. Had the chocolate brownie cake - Delicious!! Presentation was so pretty. We felt so comfortable there and drank tea for hours. Good service, interesting menu, relaxing atmosphere. Will be back soon!

1  Thank Guesthouse G
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I visited this restaurant with my family for a leisurely breakfast. The setting is beautiful and we picked a quiet table under a tree. Their menu had someting for everyone, from traditional breakfasts to lighter meals like croissants and banana bread.
I picked an omelet with basil, tomato and cheese. The presentation was great and the food tasty, even though they were a bit heavy handed with the cheese. My father loved his french toast and the croissants were wonderful. Our only complaint was the coffee - the decaf was a bit watery and the regular coffee not the best.
The staff was fantastic and service impeccable. Our waiter knew exactly when to appear at the table and when to leave us to chat.
It would be perfect if they could sort out the coffee, I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed February 5, 2012

The food here is decent (most menu items are creative and appealing, but not all of them work), but for me the best part is the atmosphere. There is indoor seating in an old house with big windows and wooden floors, but there is also a great patio area under the trees. One of the top breakfast / lunch spots in Pretoria.