“Best Steak and Ribs”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am not a big meat eater but since arriving in Pretoria I have succumbed to the excellent steaks and most divine ribs at Moo Moos in Brooklyn. The place is not best located but makes up for this in abundance through serving excellent food and outstanding service. All the staff are good but Emily and Thabo are our favorites. They know not only the food on the menu but go to great lengths to guide you in choosing well.

I highly recommend it if you want a good steak.

The wine list is good but needs to be refreshed.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This seems to be a very popular place. At dinner time it was completely full. In front of the restaurant you can sit on a few cushions to wait till a table comes available. Restaurant staff rites down your name and in an organized way you get directed to your table once available. Tables are pretty close to eachother. I had a lamb rack. This was basically 3 separate slices of lamb cotelet. Way too thin and therefore dry and hard. Hardly any meat on it. I chose the pepper version. It was covered with pepper, a bit too much. My wife ordered a steak with a request to prepare it to medium. It was dry as well. Fast, efficient and friendly service, disappointing food for above average prices. I would not come back.

1  Thank Hanky01
Reviewed April 28, 2014

To travellers: this is a place where you find loads of locals from Pretoria eating out. So you can expect a lively crowd from next door, enjoying the atmosphere and food @ Moo Moo's.
To locals: I like the place, the staff being very welcoming and accomodating. In case you forget to book in advance, be sure you'll be placed on the waiting list, and served a decent wine while waiting for your table.
The food is excellent for my taste. The meat prepared well, the sauces and making matching very nicely the wine list well established and the place follows a no-nonsense approach, but stll allows itself to play around your palate with sauces and making.
Today, I had a venison (read: ostrich) fillet. It came elegantly prepared, with a sauce or two, and grilled exactly to my orders. Just loved it! Even more so, when accompanied by a new dessert (just try the pomegranate rolls with vamilla icecream, and you'll not leave before late).

Reviewed April 6, 2014

We had a quick lunch at Moo Moo. The service was good and fast despite a very busy sunday afternoon. The atmosphere was relaxing. The only reason why we're giving a 3 instead of a 4 is the food. Sweet chilli sauce from the bottle, .... Expected a bit better. Also on the argentinian sauce, I thought it could've been more and more like the description. Not only chilli flakes.

But, the steak was well cooked to my request and everyone else also enjoyed their food. As I said, can easily be a 4.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My Moo Moo experiance on 6/02/14 left a very bad and burnt taste in my mouth. The medium well "Kobu" beef i ordered came chared and a visible black on the outside and my wine with flies in it. When i tried to raise this issue with management i was totaly dismissed and told that they have an open resturant and therefore they cannot establish when the flies flew into my wine.