“More Mediteranian than Greek”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Mythos

Mythos
Ranked #90 of 680 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria
“More Mediteranian than Greek”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

Nothing special. Frustrates me when I have to ask three times for the bill. Service was below average.

Visited May 2014

Johannesburg
“I love not having to choose 1 dish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

My favourite food is always available at Mythos. We went for a quick lunch and ordered a selection of meze portions. Tried the halloumi, beef souvlakia, 8 prawns with lemon butter, crumbed calamari and my top dish - prawns Saganaki which consists of prawns in a fresh tomato, white wine, feta cheese and a touch of ouzo sauce, quite delightful and I can't wait to have that again. Each dish was superb. They have an extensive drinks menu, prices are not bad and the service was fine. I love the decor and the atmosphere is all the restaurants in the group take me back to sipping ouzo in Santorini. Highly recommended

Visited July 2014
SOUTH AFRICA
“Very tasty greek cuisine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

We ordered the meat meze platter for 2 Approx R225 and because we were 3 ordered a big greek salad approx R65 (very nice), and a few other dishes but the platter and greek salad would have neen enough! Everything was very tasty ..... But be warned it is not a cheap place to eat - our bill was over R700 and we had 1 bottle of red wine and 2 whisks plus the food. Nice atmosphere inside, book on Fridays as it seems to be very busy.

• Visited May 2014
Pretoria, South Africa
“Popular Greek restaurant”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Good greek food. Bit expensive for what you get. Draft beer are very expensive. Overall above average. The waiters could improve on there service.

• Visited October 2013
“What a Let Down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Went for the first time to Mythos last night and was very disappointed. It was actually a toss up between Ocean basket and this place and looks like I chose the wrong one.

Arrived around 1800, not busy at all, maybe 5 or 6 tables apart from us. Ordered food petty quickly and then waited almost an hour for it to turn up. We ordered lamb chops and the lobster pasta. We were actually sitting near the kitchen and could see some heated debates going on between waiters and kitchen staff. Asked the waiter what the delay was and he said they couldn’t agree on what should be served on the lobster dish, which should have set the alarm bells ringing.

When it did turn up the food was hugely disappointing. The 3 lamb chops were served with 3 lukewarm potatoes and nothing else. Although the chops were ok, some veg or some other type of accompaniment would have been nice. The lobster dish was a major let down. The “light spaghetti” was the thickest pasta I have ever seen in my life and not particularly easy to eat. The lobster was well overcooked and not very easy to get out of the shells. By that time I was so hungry and didn’t want to wait another hour for another attempt, so I chewed my way through it. I also had ordered a side of chips, the first batch were had been re heated more than once I suspect and were not edible, the second lot were hardly cooked at all.

After letting the waiter know about my displeasure another guy came over and agreed the lobster was overcooked. He turned out to be the manager but was dressed more like the pot washer. After disappearing for ages he came back to tell me I could have a complimentary dessert as I had already eaten the lobster. I pointed out I didn’t really have a lot of choice as I was so hungry after waiting so long he then said I could have a free coffee instead.

I ended up going back home hungry, R400 lighter for the experience and very unhappy.
What a joke of a restaurant, shan't be going there again and will give this place a wide berth and eat at one of the other restaurants close by

• Visited April 2014