“Excellent restaurant!”

De Kloof Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 686 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Upscale and creative European-style cuisine, with local influences, in a modern space with terrace. South African Restaurant of the Year 2013
“Excellent restaurant!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were a bit wary after reading some negative critics about De Kloof. We took the risk and it really was worth it!!!We were amazed by the excellent food, beautiful setting and friendly service - especially Charl went out of his way to see to it that all guests were happy. The guests (12 people in total) all agreed that it was the best food they had eaten in Pretoria since years - beatifully presented and delicious! Thanks again for making the birthday party an unforgetable one!

Pretoria, South Africa
“What an extra special evening!”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

De Kloof is a stunning spot in Pretoria that I visit regularly. This weekend I was there with a group of close friends for a special occasion. We were spoiled by Charl and his capable team with beautiful food and an exquisite view. The service was excellent and my guests were pleasantly entertained. Thank you for fine dining at a different level, my friends are still complementing me on their amazing evening.

Pretoria, South Africa
“Excellent Service and absolutely divine food!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I would like to take this opportunity to commend De Kloof restaurant on its excellent service. I frequently deal with various venues and restaurants and I have to say De Kloof stands out from the rest by far. The staffs are friendly, helpful and very courteous. They also made my work in arranging the event so much easier. The food was absolutely divine, and the presentation thereof was so delightful. The venue is ideally situated and looks great. Our staff still comes to me raving about the venue, the food and the friendly and professional service. You made the day very special for our boss. Thank you all for all the hard work. We will definitely make use of your services in the future. Well done!

Pretoria, South Africa
“one of the worst restaurants”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I ate at this restaurant in the past month. It was for Sunday lunch, the restaurant was half full and the service was just awful and the food was little better. How anyone can call this a fine dining restaurant is way beyond me.

• Visited February 2013
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Not worth it”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Expensive, not a fine dining restaurant by any means, we had an average meal. Meal did not arrive as per menu- when asked, feedback from kitchen was "we change the menu daily and forgot to change that item'.

• Visited February 2013