“Never below par”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I'm quite a regular at FUMO. Their food is always impeccably prepared to the high standards one is used to. Their staff is well trained pay attention to detail.

1  Thank Mahlatsi M

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I went there during my last travel in africa, i think it is the best italian restaurant in pretoria, I came back againg

1  Thank Phil4you76
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have been to FUMO several times and the distance doesn’t really make a difference for people that are living in Johannesburg, it is a 40 minutes drive to reach this restaurant, that is the paradise of PIZZA

Fumo is a real authentic Italian restaurant and the host Claudio is a very genuine and warm Italian that make you feel comfortable and welcome. Claudio is also very conscious of where he buys his product and quality is a must for him and for his customer.

Situated in the Groenkloof Plaza in a good area, with plenty of secure parking, we were impressed by the relaxed atmosphere and great friendly and efficient service. The venue is perfect for any event, a business dinner or a relaxing dinner with friends, there is a great roof /garden area also available with tables to eat outside.

As a starter we had BURRATA (buffalo mozzarella) and a plate of Parma ham San Daniele (originally from Italy)
As a main course we had Pizza GENNARINO the pizza with FIORDILATTE on the top… everything was top quality and very enjoyable, and at extremely value.

Another guest at our table had of us had “Stinco di agnello” lamb shank cooked in the wood oven. I stole few fork full and was absolutely impressed.

Definitely worth a visit, highly recommended, a wonderful dining experience. Well done FUMO.

1  Thank casjoburg
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The entrance of the restaurant is on the right side of the spar supermarket. With a staircase you go upstairs where the restaurant is. It's a nicely decorated place with sufficient distance between tables for privacy.

Service is friendly and helpful. Even though I had to ask for my beer 3 times, the people were friendly so that it didn't bother me that much.

The mussels soup was very nice as well as the sea bass. Cooked to perfection.
The desserts were disappointing. My panna cotta was way too sweet so that not much of the panna cotta taste was left. Also the chocolate souffle was way too sweet.
Great place, skip the desserts.

1  Thank Hanky01
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I 'm italian and i live in Pretoria I ate for three times the pasta with the crab ..was..excellent. The chef cokeed as if he is in Italy. The service was very nice...and the receptionist very kind... in italy to taste a good plate of pasta you have to wait 15 minutes ...mininum .. .and often people who does not eat the pasta "al dente" after they say that pasta was uncooked. Maybe they never had trip to italy or better went to italy but walk in a restaurant for tourist. FUMO a little piece of Italy in South Africa. ..

1  Thank gargio5