“the best italian cuisine in africa!!!”
Review of Fumo

Fumo
Ranked #58 of 716 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I'm truly impressed! I'm a big fan of Italian food, therefore in every country i go to I make sure that i visit as many italian restaurants as i can. I have to say in the whole of Africa Fumo is number one!! I ate the duck leg confit and it was superb! My head was spinning when i walked into the wine cellar, i mean they have wines from all over the world.Everything was just perfect, the waiter was good, music was good, the vibe was good. Wish there was a Fumo restaurant in every country. Keep up the good work!!!

1  Thank GenaroAL
There are newer reviews for Fumo

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were super excited to return to Fumo after our last visit....we arrived to be met by a quite unfriendly lady at the door.Guided to our table upstairs it was hot and stuffy.Our waiter did do a smashing job ensuring the a/c got switched on and the temp was perfect!The food arrived promptly,but 2 of the 4 dishes needed seasoning.The meatballs-Amazing.Seafood pasta-amazing!The fillet and mash lacked seasoning and the 1kg Ribeye was the biggest dissapointment of all.It looked like a bus drove over it.And the taste matched the look.Nothing to write home about.I really hope i can go back and restore the smile on my face i had the first time...i really do.Utterly dissapointed

1  Thank Stephan B
David L, Owner at Fumo, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Stephan B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Although the feedback is not always what we as a restaurant want to hear, it is integral to us being able to improve on the areas where we may have fallen short. As you know from your previous visits to Fumo, what you experienced on your last visit is not the norm and what you have come to expect from us is of a higher standard.

I have thoroughly read through your review and I am investigating the areas of disappointment that you experienced and I am in the process of rectifying them immediately. This being said, the fact remains that you did not have the experience that you were expecting and that Fumo usually provides our guests. I never want any of our valued guests to feel as though they did not get what they paid for and I will be contacting you personally to find out more about what went wrong as well as trying to make it up to you.

Thank you for taking the time to bring the short comings of your evening to my attention and once again I apologise and hope that we can rectify this unfortunate instance.

Kindest regards,

David Lamberti
Owner
Fumo

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Every time we go to Johannesburg for work we always make sure we have dinner at FUMO's! Authentic Italian Cuisine!
Davvero eccezzionale!

1  Thank Pugliacheese
Reviewed July 4, 2013

For our monthly Fab 4, myself, Jannie, Cobus and Marelize visited Fumo Authentic Italian Restaurant in Groenkloof, Pretoria.
Upon arrival the thing that caught my attention was the ambience created by the lovely, relaxing music playing in the background, the view from the great seat we had and the bustling outside of the other visitors to the shopping centre.
I sat down, had the most delicious glass of wine ( Cederberg South Africa - Bukettraube 2012) and enjoyed an evening of great food, great company and good service.
I had duck breast with spinach, baby potatoes and cherry tomatoes and finished the evening with a chocolate souffle with ice cream - vey enjoyable.
I would recommend Fumo to anybody who is everybody for a taste of true Italian cuisine - in the heart of Gauteng.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Best of Italy in South Africa! The chef cooks for the Italian Embassador can you get more authentic than that?

Food is tasty, innovative and value for money.