“Top Notch”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a great, authentic Italian restaurant which is easy to find even for first time visitors to Pretoria. I have read most of the reviews here and would say that comments about prices are mainly from locals who do not have a wide choice of high class establishments in Pretoria so maybe their reviews reflect their usual dining habits. Food quality and taste was first class, wine list was good and the final bill very fair. Clearly this restaurant concentrates on a smaller menu that enables them to deliver first class cuisine rather than 100 mediocre dishes and long may this continue. Read the single review that gave it a poor rating and then the Manager's response - pure class!

Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was in Pretoria for business, and i wanted to try the famous FUMO restaurant.
Passed the threshold of the doors i found more than what i expected!
Superb italian mafia style decor, beautiful music, waiters very polite and professional,excellent wine list and the best part...... chef Claudio at the table to cuddle with its aperitifs, explain the menu and its policy dining with his italian accent.
Under the chef's suggestion i tried the Tagliolini al baslico e scampi... they were great!!!
Claudio make me taste a quenelle of risotto milanese with bon marrow and saffron balsamic vinegar accompanied by a glass of wine ""arenas carignano del sulcis "from Sardinia.
I concluded with Sicilian cannoli, was divine !!!
The products Claudio used are authentic and fresh, from all over Italy.
I recommend everyone to do this wonderful dining experience because is pure italian culture and for my self i hope to be beck again!!!
thank's to Claudio and all the staff

Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to Fumo last night and was greeted warmly, we were seated in a booth and the atmosphere and decor is excellent. Our food came and we were a little disappointed as the pasta was over cooked and clumped together.
The servers were very tentative and knew how to pronounce all the italian words.
Overall I want to give it a 3.5 .

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Majority of the meals lack the wow factor. Extraordinary meals are really expensive and one tend to expect more food. Although I really enjoyed my meal, I left R300 poorer and still hungry. I am not a big eater by the way.
Lovely setting for a romantic dinner or quiet night out with friends. I believe the waiters are hearing impaired. Despite numerous requests for salt and pepper nothing was forthcoming.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Was taken to Fumo by a friend and all my expectations were exceeded. The freshness and quality of the food is beyond anything i have experienced at other restaurants in Pretoria. Flavours were spot on! The service is efficient an friendly without over crowding you. Fumo is a beautiful restaurant and difinately one to try if you want want great Italian.

1  Thank RodneyMac212