“Good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Ed's Diner

Ed's Diner
Ranked #62 of 678 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ed's Diner is a retro diner that caters for the hungry! We specialise in BIG burgers and all-round comfort food, so if your in the mood for some ''bigger-is-always-better'' American cuisine or it's your cheat day, come round to Ed's for the best burgers on the planet and beyond!
Pretoria
“Good fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Good food and a great atmosphere! Love the decor and they it a great place for meeting good friends

1 Thank Ivenakie

Pretoria, South Africa
“Well done Ed’s!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2012

I am a qualified chef that has worked in restaurants on all continents. I like to think I know good food and service. For me dining at Ed’s was impressive. Not only do they serve excellent food and service, but a great vibe - atmosphere, and real old school music. I have found my new restaurant for my off day! Well done Ed’s!

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank David B
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Best Burger I Have Eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've heard a lot about Ed's Diner from my friends and family in Pretoria so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Living in Johannesburg I made the journey with high expectations and it did not disappoint, It was amazing!!

I loved everything about it, from the funky, retro diner feel to the great oldies music, service and most importantly the food!

The burgers where fantastic with a huge variety! I had a good old cheese burger and was blown away! The cocktails were good too!

Ed's Diner was fantastic and something different!

See you soon!

• Visited May 2012
2 Thank Robert S
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good burgers, watery cocktails”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

This American 1950/60 inspired diner has fantastic atmosphere and friendly staff. We happened to be there during the 'buy-one-get-one-free' cocktail slot, and accordngly, decided to try some of their cocktails, of which there is a reasonably large selection. It mights have been that they water them down because of the special, but four different cocktails all tasted exactly like fruit juice. We would much rather have received just one good cocktail than two watery ones...
The menu is quite large and varied, with everything from pizza to steaks, but we decided to try some of their many different burgers, given the 'American diner' feel. The burgers were good and very, very big, definitely good value for money and served with a choice of either fries or onion rings.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank MKotze
“Great vibe!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

Who would have thought that a burger joint could have so much character! Great burgers with such a variety and not over priced. We went here with a couple of friends and had a great time. The Johnny Cash poster really made my day! I would recommend Ed's Diner to anybody looking for a great relaxed dinner with a good selection of cold beer!