“A day of absolute bliss at Kievitskroon!”
Review of Kievits Kroon

Kievits Kroon
Ranked #10 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
Pretoria, South Africa
“A day of absolute bliss at Kievitskroon!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We booked a day spa package at Kievitskroon as a birthday treat for my husband and I. From arriving at the gate of Kievitskroon we were amazed by the friendliness and courteousness of the staff.
The spa experience was amazing! The therapists were very friendly and professional not to mention excellent at doing their job! The facilities are well kept and the ambiance of the spa just what you want to relax and savour the moment.
The package included lunch at Granita Restaurant and that was also very good! The presentation and quality of the food excellent.
All in all it was a perfect day in the middle of winter at Kievitskroon. Will be back sooner than later!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MS1979
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
It’s an honour for us when someone chooses to celebrate a special occasion at Kievits Kroon, so I am delighted your day was so memorable. I will pass your compliments on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon and appreciate your business and feedback.
Alan O'Leary, Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We visit Kievitskroon regularly, the last weekend we combined the Lazy Sunday spa treatment with a Saturday stay over. As always the staff is efficient, but not rushed, the room impeccable, extra biltong/fruit hamper was great!
The choice at Kingsleys buffet is extraordinary and Sunday lunch a Granita a must, food is an art form in this restaurant. The Library 41 and veranda is a comfortable lounging space so you dont have to be in your room all the time.
Spa treatment was very enjoyable, well done Thusi!
We only stay a few km's from Kievitskroon, but when we realy want to rest and dont want to travel this our choice destination! You start to relax as you enter through the gates.

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
You have captured the essence of Kievits Kroon perfectly in your review, thank you for taking the trouble to write it. Kievits Kroon is everything you describe – a convenient escape from the city, with great service, excellent accommodation, gourmet food and indulgent spa treatments. And, above all, peace and tranquility to ensure your relaxation. We hope to see you again on your next weekend getaway.
Alan O’Leary, Managing Director
Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I had a fantastic time on Fathers day.
The waiters was top class and the starters, drinks, Main meal and deserts was 5 star quality.
The presentation of the food was top class.
The premises makes you feel home.

Room Tip: If you want a 5 Star restuarant with top quality food, then Kievits Kroon is the place to be
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
I'm delighted you enjoyed your Father's Day Lunch at Kingsley's Restaurant, and appreciate the fact that you took the time to write this review. We hope to see you back at Kievits Kroon again soon, perhaps for our Christmas in July dinner. More info on our website.
groblersdal
Reviewed June 10, 2013

It was a very enjoyable break for the week end and I wish we could stay longer.The staff is very friendly and suffieciant.Thanks to Lerato for alovely weekend.We were surprize with a nice Hamper on arrival with alot of nice Fruit and biltong for me.The Spa treatment was the best Iever experience.The Dinner and theBreakfast was very nice with agood variety.The room was spacious and we had a good night rest.Thank you Kievits Kroon for a lovely weekend,Iwill defnitally visi you again.

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Lerato will be thrilled to see this recognition of his great service. Thank you for taking the time to write this fantastic review. We hope to see you back again soon.
Midrand
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This was the perfect getaway for my husband and I. We were so impressed with the level of professionalism and friendly nature of all staff. The atmosphere is serene and beautiful. Really enjoyed the variety of food and overall this has been one of the best places we have visited. We cant wait to go back there. Absolute bliss!!!!

KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you Verona and Akash for this fantastic feedback! I will be sure to pass it on to our staff. We look forward to seeing you back at Kievits Kroon.
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything was perfect, no complains. The food, atmosphere, service/people and location just perfect.

Food was great with a good variety and our romantic picnic was amazing in their lovely gardens. Great hotel to get away from the city.

• Stayed May 2013
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for this fantastic feedback! It is very gratifying for us to know that we are getting it right. I'm delighted you enjoyed your time with us and hope to see you back again soon.
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I visited Kievits Kroon about 3 weeks ago. We took the 'laid back sunday' package which included a 5 course meal at the Granita Restaurant and 3 treatments at the Spa, including the use of the spa facilities (Swedish shower, Jacuzzis, sauna and heated pool).

Our experience at the spa was to my surprise, rather disappointing.

Firstly the robe I received was tattered on the inside. After our first treatment, which was the full body exfoliation, we were sent to the Swedish shower, where some of the jets were not working and the ones which did work did not seem to have adequate pressure.

When we stepped out of the shower we were handed new towels to dry off and to my disgust, my towel had blood on it. I handed the towel back and was given a different one. It concerned me that the towels did not seem to be clean.

After our treatments we opted to go have the lunch and then come back afterwards to use the other spa facilities (the Jacuzzi,sauna and pool). The lunch was fantastic and we were 100% happy with it.

At this point I must mention that 2 days before our booking, I received an email from Kievits Kroon stating the following:
"I regret to inform you that our boiler in the spa burst so our thermae facilities on the ladies side as well as ladies showers are out of order for this week & weekend. But the facilities in the Unisex & swimming pool are fully functional and may be used. Unfortunately the ladies won’t be able to use the showers in the unisex area, they are strictly for men."

My hair was extremely oily after the head and shoulder massage and I therefore had to go to lunch in that state since the women's showers were not operational. In light of the fact that I would not be able to wash my hair, I think it would have been appropriate for the therapists to have asked whether they could use oil in my hair.

When we got back from lunch and decided to hop into the Jacuzzi (at the pool area), the jacuzzi which was unoccupied was not functioning. we then went to the jacuzzi in the unisex area. After climbing in we noticed that a number of jets in the jacuzzi were also not working, so we eventually opted to go to the sauna instead.

The assurance therefore by the spa that the 'the facilities in the Unisex & swimming pool are fully functional' was therefore totally untrue. I found this therefore in bad taste.

What I did enjoy at the spa was the cappuccino/coffee maker, however the milk/foam ran out half way through the day and was not topped up. Due to the number of spa guests it is to cater for, this cannot be acceptable.

The gardens and surrounds are of course lovely, however the quality at the spa unfortunately put a damper on my first experience of Kievits Kroon. I am not quite sure I will ever recommend Kievits Kroon as the choice for a spa outing.

Lastly I would like to suggest that a sign be better positioned at the main road where you are to turn onto the dirt road, as this confused us and we ended up driving about 2 km's further than we needed to.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank NDRoc
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I apologise profusely for your bad experience at our Spa. It is not the norm, and you have only to look at the rave reviews on our Spa TripAdvisor page and the comments from our guests to realise this.

However, your visit appears to have been spoiled by a number of unsatisfactory incidents and I would like to make it up to you .Please email me at md@kievitskroon.co.za.

I understand from the Spa managers that since your visit in April, all the problem areas you mention have been attended to and sorted out. I have no doubt that your next visit will meet all your expectations.

With regards to the signage, I am not sure how you missed the sign just before the turnoff onto the gravel road.