“Disappointed”
Review of Kievits Kroon

Kievits Kroon
Ranked #5 of 73 Hotels in Pretoria
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We had booked the "Spring True Romance" package to celebrate our anniversary. On our arrival we could clearly see that the bar staff member could not handle all the guests' requests. He got irritated with us and our cocktails didn't seem to have any alcohol in (maybe because it was free?). The spa treatment was odd because we had specifically asked for attention to feet; both therapists barely even touched our feet and the therapist who treated my husband couldn't give him a firm enough massage. On the other hand I can just say that the spa is very well kept. The buffet dinner was just another buffet and very average. Besides this, the hotel and its grounds are very beautiful. I still don't understand why they asked us when making a reservation "what is the occassion?" because we didn't get anything special. The whole experience was actually very disappointing.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeanette S
KievitsKroon, Owner at Kievits Kroon, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Dear Jeannette S
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Your experience clearly did not meet your expectations and I'm as disappointed as you are. Our Hotel Manager will be in contact with you to discuss what happened so we can address your concerns.
Kind regards
Alan O'Leary
Managing Director

There are newer reviews for Kievits Kroon

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Hi Yolanda

On behalf our the team at Interactive Captives, we would like to give a big thank you to your wonderful staff. The service at Kievits Kroon is first class, the staff & very friendly, courteous & definitely go the extra mile for not only their guests but to us as service providers. It was an absolute pleasure staying with you last week for the Aberdare conference. Please give your team a well deserved round of applause for the sterling job.

Hope to work with you in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Hazel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Spent the night at Kievits Kroon with my family. We booked the Gastronomy package which includes a 6-course meal and wine pairing. This is my 2nd stay. Could not fault anything. The meal experience was fantastic - way better than the buffet dinner we had previous stay. Highly recommend going for A-la-carte menu. Food was spectacular, staff super-efficient and all in in another wonderful relaxing stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My partner and I had the great pleasure of spending an evening and were absolutely spoilt. The room was immaculate and catered to all the needs that you may have, large shower, large bath, super comfortable bed and good channel selection on the TV, unlike many other hotels they provide free wifi. We partook in the food and wine pairing in the "Granita" restaurant and can absolutely recommend this to anyone. The food was excellently prepared and paired well with "healthy" servings of great wine. The service from all the staff at dinner was also extraordinary, our thanks to the Maitre'D and his team. Special mention needs to be made of the Rooms Division Manager, Nathi, his attention to any queries raised by myself or my partner was super. He dealt with these in an expedient and efficient manner, always being a perfect host; he is a true asset to this establishment. Thank you, Kievitskroon for an excellent stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WorldTraveller2505
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A day is simply not enough when visiting this charming, Dutch style farm spa and hotel just north of Pretoria. Unfortunately it was all the time we could afford, but a mere 20 minutes away from our home in Midrand, upon arrival, one may be forgiven for thinking you are miles away from the buzzing cities. Safe, clean, neat and elegant, you are treated from the moment you arrive and engage with the highly motivated, competent and respectful staff. The luxury room we stayed in was exquisite, clean and comfortable. My wife was treated to a Champagne and fruit basket as a gift for her birthday from the manager, thank you, it was greatly appreciated.

This further set the mood for the balance of our stay and since we were booked in for one of their wonderful spa treatments, we both relaxed while being treated to the treatment by their professional spa staff.

The restaurant experience alone is worthy of a visit, and a wide spread of dinner and breakfast options to choose from. We won’t think twice about returning and look forward to our next visit. Well done to the staff and Management of this establishment, it is refreshing to see such positive influence in light of the economic downturn. It is places like Kievietskroon that make me proud to be South African. We will gladly advise travellers local and abroad to include your place as a definite destination.

Room Tip: We stayed in the luxury rooms, but gauging from their high standards, we would not hesitate to stay...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2012

My mother and I stayed there for two nights and it was just awesome. We stay in Jhb and she had just received news that she had breast cancer. So I took her to Kievietskroon away from everything and the treatment we received there made her feel so fresh and she forgot about all her health worries. When going back home she was a different person. Looking forward to her treatment and todate she is doing very well. She said her stay there felt like she went to Cape Town for a vacation and yet it was just a stone throw away from home. We love Kievietskroon the staff is very friendly and they are the ones making you feel at home.

Room Tip: When I booked the spa area was already fully booked so I never got a chance to experience the treatm...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We stayed at Kievits Kroon overnight for our anniversary. It is situated on a large property outside of Pretoria and one does feel that it is in the country. The architecture is Cape Dutch and the venue looks charming on approach. The Manor House is generally well appointed and we had a fantastic meal at dinner time. The breakfast was mediocre although I was thrilled to find 100% rye. We had a spa treatment while sharing a room. The massages were good and my husband slept through the whole procedure. The honey mask facial was lovely and left my skin feeling cleansed. the foot treatment was not at all bad although my husband had an additional pedicure which he enjoyed although he complained that they did not cut his toenails ;-p. The indoor pool was salted and I swam for a good hour afterwards. They also have a number of jaccuzzis in both the general area as well a private area for women. Swiss showers, steam rooms and saunas are also available with a nice rest area to relax. I enjoyed the strawberry infused water to drink. We stayed in the VIP suite which is a little detached from the rest of the hotel. It was large and well appointed. The turn down was great on the bed and in general this hotel is really well managed. It is clean and the staff are charming. I do not know what bothered me but I think that there is a little discordance in their decor generally and so I felt that the hotel lacked a character which I initially felt had been there, but perhaps I am a nit picker.

Room Tip: The executive rooms built for the World Cup soccer referees are modern and look great. My husband w...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple