“Best Portugese Restaurant in Pretoria.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of LM in the East

LM in the East
Ranked #89 of 668 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Pretoria, South Africa
“Best Portugese Restaurant in Pretoria.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent. Best Prawns. Nobody can do calamari better than LM. It is my special place for seafood. The meat dishes also good.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The service, the food, it's all great. We have been going to LM for about 13 years now and we feel part of the family.We go almost every week and love it!

Visited February 2014
Krugersdorp, South Africa
“Perfectly Portuguese”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

When I was growing up in Boksburg we used to visit a Portuguese restaurant that made delicious meals, was family run and had all the makings of a Portuguese mother's kitchen. I have not had Portuguese food like that in years until I found LM in the East! I had the LM steak and it was truly delicious, great value for money and worth a visit if you are in Pretoria.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank MattJohn5
Pretoria, South Africa
“Time warp...in a positive sense”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Walking into the restaurant took me right back to the 80's and reminded me of a similar restaurant we used to go to in Arcadia. The music only featured hits of the 60's and 70's, taking my husband and I on a trip down memory lane. Service was swift initially but we were in a for a long wait for our food. It seemed that our waiter had many tables, including a large one. The complimentary chicken livers was a bit too salty but the breadroll was nice. According to my husband the prawns were the best he had tasted in Pretoria (and he is not easily pleased...). I ordered the peri peri chicken, which was ok and faintly tasted of gas (proparbly cooked on a gas grill). I would recommend that the manager gets more involved. We were never once asked whether our food was ok. Other than that, I will be back for the prawns.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank suziq5
Brussels
“As usual, great food friendly and efficient service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Whenever I am in Pretoria this restaurant is a must on the programme,
Fabulous chicken livers in peri peri sauce and their great selection of prawns.The staff is very helpful and love to have a chat with you.
I will be back.