“he tastyfive star hospitality!”
Review of Dinkwe Guest House

Dinkwe Guest House
Ranked #31 of 360 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Veendam, The Netherlands
“he tastyfive star hospitality!”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We stayed at Dinkwe guesthouse Leopard suite for 14 days and enjoyed every day.
We liked the room, the very comfortable bed, the exotic garden and the tasty breakfast. The owner Katerina was very helpfull with all kind of things, organizing trips, shopping etc.
It was our first trip to SA; it was unforgettable and our stay at Dinkwe made it very special.
Next time we will book this guesthouse again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kor en wilma m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Hebrew first
paris
Reviewed May 12, 2013

very warm welcome from ekaterina the owner - we had the honeymoon cottage very romantic and very well equipped with a welcoming bottle of red wine
the small exotic garden with the pool is very pleasant along with all the iron sculptures set in the garden
we had a very fresh and complete breakfast served on our private terrace and could talk a bit with the owners
so this stay was for us both original and of very high value

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ParisPierrot
STOKE ON TRENT
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This was the last stay on our trip and stayed only two nights. It wasn't long enough and left us wanting more of the warm hospitality provided by the owner, Ekaterina
When you arrive you have no inkling of what the accommodation has to offer. As you walk through the garden to your room the surroundings become more and more impressive. It was great to sit in our own verdant and tranquil 'outside room' where breakfast is served. When you go inside, it's no less impressive. We stayed in the Elephant room which was comfy and cosy. If you want to cook for yourself everything is right there.
The area is a suburb and feels safe. There is a shopping centre providing most things a few blocks away but it's not difficult to get to other parts of Pretoria if you want / need to.
Ekatrina is extremely helpful and friendly but never oversteped the mark providing the space that big hotels have but the care and support that staying with family and friends offers.
The overall impression is one of what a wonderful, if unexpected, find. We'd love to return.

Room Tip: Each room has it's own 'private' outside space in the garden. If you like swin as for th...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Peter E
England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I spent a long time searching on the internet for a place to stay with my family for one week in Pretoria. Dinkwe attracted me because the rooms looked beautiful and was in the secure area. On our arrival, Dinkwe Guest House looked very simple from the outside but inside it was amazing. The facilities are excellent, the host Katrina was very helpful, flexible and willing to help our stay in any way possible

I loved the the design of the room, Shower, TV and amazing breakfast.

I would love to run a B+B in Kigali-Rwanda, and if so I would copy the example of he host Katrina.

Katrina, Please keep up this amazing service...Thank you

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Jean Noel M
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed March 23, 2012

The best place between Jo'burg airport and the way to Kruger and/or Panorama road (ab. 25 min by car) for the first night after a tiring flight(s) and the start of your vacation. Once behind the front door you will enter in a small paradise from exotic gardens, swimming pool and very, very nice rooms. Ekaterina will be the best host you ever met. Much better than a impersonal big hotel and less expensive!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank JVG_12
JOHANNESBURG
Reviewed March 6, 2012

I needed to get away from it all as things were just becoming too stressful and I needed a break.
My first thought was of the beauty, tranquility and hospitality of Dinkwe Guest House that I had experienced previously when I stayed there.
From the moment I arrived on Friday evening until I left on Sunday afternoon, once again, Katerina went out of her way to make everything extra special. She arranged a massage for me at a Peppa's Spa on Saturday morning which was absolutely incredible and just what I needed. Nothing is too much trouble for Katerina and you find in her a friend and not just "the owner".
The breakfasts also exceeded all expectations. Katerina's cooking earns her a definite A+ in my books. On Sunday morning, Katerina's birthday, she spoilt the guests with homemade strawberry, banana and ice cream pancakes - WOW! Words cannot describe how delicious they were and definitely the comfort food I needed.
The accommodation was as clean and beautiful as I remembered and I couldn't have wished for a more comfortable bed.
The gardens are so relaxing and I highly recommend just sitting at the pool with a good book, a glass of wine and "chilling".
I set out to Dinkwe Guest House with the purpose of finding some peace within myself and when it came time to leave on Sunday afternoon, not only had I found inner peace, but a friend in Katerina and a place I want to return to time and time again when I need to "escape".
Congratulations Katerina on an outstanding establishment that I definitely view as one of the "wonders of the World".
I highly recommend Dinkwe Guest House to everyone and can guarantee you will not be disappointed in any way.
I can't wait for my next stay.

Room Tip: Definitely the Honeymoon Suite. It is gorgeous and holds a feeling of "romance".
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank CHERYL M
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 11, 2012

Thank you so much to Dinkwe guest house. The accommodation was charming, immaculate and very boutique but what made it outstanding was the way our hosts (Katerina and her husband) went out of their way to help us make the best of our trip.
We would strongly recommend Dinkwe to all friends and family.

Room Tip: Only 5 rooms so all are good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple