Ambiance Guest House
Free cancellation until 05/31
$129
$119
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $142/night.

$114
$59
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $67/night.

$78
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $94/night.

Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$63
$48
Agoda.com
Free cancellation until 06/02
$76
All reviewsguest househome away from homefrench themequest housesparkling pooltranquil settinglovely hostsplace to staysafe parkingguest roomsattention to detailnice rooma great staybusiness or pleasureeasy accessbed and breakfastbar fridge
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have stayed in several excellent guesthouses in Hatfield and Lynwood (nr Pretoria), and Ambiance was the most expensive. However, the difference in price reflects the impeccable facilities, with every detail attended to - from a fabulous garden, to luxurious bed/living-room (with decent coffee and luxurious complimentary treats) and a wallow-for-hours bathroom. Boutique guest house is an understatement. Keep up the good work Deidre.

Room Tip: My room had garden access some rooms seemed to have their own little patio with chair/table
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I came to find myself at Ambiance due to another guesthouse being fully booked, and I am very glad that it was. The service was impeccable, with all of the genuine courtesy of people who truly care about their guests' experience. I felt completely safe, comfortable, and well fed at Ambiance! If I come back to Pretoria I will certainly check in with Ambiance as my first port of call. Thanks Deidre!

P.S. you can't beat the breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful stay!! We felt welcome from the moment we arrived, Deidre certainly goes the extra mile for her guests. We stayed in a beautiful room and we enjoyed every minute at the guest house. Excellent attention to detail! Hope to visit Ambiance Guest House in the near future!

Room Tip: All the rooms are beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2012

This was my dream guest house! The interior design was superb, especially for the price. The website boasts a refreshingly apt portrayal of each room: unlike other B&B's with misleading photographs, we didn't feel cheated when we saw our room.

What struck me was everything was done with such heart - the decor, the garden and especially Deidre's interaction with us. This is a business run with excellence and passion, and that comes through in everything. Every now and then we'd hear a guest arriving or leaving - but other than that, we felt like the only people there. I simply can't recommend this enough.

Room Tip: If you need to unwind, the Paris room has an amazing bath and lavender incense, with bubble bath!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Three of us (self, partner and grandson) arrived at Ambiance after an overnight flight from London, expecting the rest of our party to arrive a couple of hours later, having flown from Newcastle via Paris. In fact they were 24 hours late due to plane problems. Deidre (with whom I'd had much friendly correspondence prior to our visit) and Pieter were extremely welcoming. The rooms were comfortable and they couldn't do too much to make our stay happy, including getting hold of SA sim cards for our mobile phones. I would definitely stay there again and would thoroughly recommend it to anyone who wants to arrive in a warm and welcoming place,

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family