Castello di Monte
$90
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $102/night.

Manhattan Hotel(Pretoria)
$63
$61
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

Hudson House(Pretoria)
Hotels.com
$104
$83
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $93/night.

All reviewsblue trainpresidential suitecape towntuscan villaone nighttuscan styledressing roomterrace roomhuge terraceenormous bathroomrefreshing drinkrovos railvictoria fallsfull bloomprivate dinnerfollowing morningdelicious dinner
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Being from Tuscany, this was a trip back in time for me as I have rarely been back since arriving in SA 40 (gulp!) years ago. When it dawned on me that my 2nd wedding annisersary was coming up...I searched and found this place on the net. Less then an hour away from home it sounded perfect, so I booked the Honeymoon Suite. What a beautiful place it turned out to be, with gorgeous attention to every detail. The biggest surprise, other than the sparkling wine on ice in the suite, fresh fruit, a romantic dinner for two in the uppermost terrace had to be the standard of the food...absolutely top class!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valerio1959
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for a week while in Pretoria for work. I thought the guesthouse was gorgeous and impeccably clean. I hate breakfast and dinner there everyday and the food was very good. The views inside and out are breaktaking. I would recommend Castello di Monte as the staff were friendly and very attentive. Great visit and work week thanks to them!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2012

We spent the first and last night of our holiday at this beautiful Villa in Pretoria. The service is personal and friendly and warm hospitality makes you feel right at home. The guesthouse is elegant and very comfortable with all the little details well though out. Its Tuscan Villa style and the fine attention to the period detail transport you to another era and place. The gardens and various terraces and areas for relaxing are all very inviting and beautifully kept. Thank you for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SandfieldsSwakopmund
Reviewed December 9, 2011

Recently my husband and I spent the weekend in Pretoria for a family wedding and had the pleasure of staying at Castello di Monte. As they didn't have any other accomodation available we ended up in the Honeymoon Suite.

The suite was spacious, comfortable, had a delightful castle theme and feel, but somewhat dark due to the lack of windows - it only had 2 at the entrance to the room. My husband and I enjoy light and airy spaces, so this was not really our 'cup of tea', but that is our own personal preference. The bathroom was modern, large and spacious and included both a jacuzzi and large separate bath, including shower, double hand basins & WC. The "on" switch for the jacuzzi was set low on the wall behind the towels which no one mentioned and that we eventually found purely by accident. The 2 pin plug for the hair dryer (supplied) was in a spot with no mirror and the mirror was positioned in a place with no 2 pin plug - which indicated not much thought had been put into how and where one would 'successfully' blow dry hair :-) ... made for an interesting challenge!

Overall however, the place was spotlessly clean and impeccable, the service exceptionally good, warm and friendly. The food was also very nicely presented and tasty! We would definitely stay there again if we have any other family occasions in Pretoria.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RoadTrippinCape
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I stayed at CdM with my 22 year old son during World Cup 2010. The hotel, which is a faithful re-creation of a Tuscan villa, is spotless. Service is personal and flawless. The common areas are luxurious and tasteful and decorated with extreme attention to detail.
There's a swimming pool, outdoor dining area and a small garden with views of the surrounding area. We felt welcome and appreciated throughout our entire visit. As for the area, Waterkloof Ridge is one of the most prestigious neighborhoods in RSA. There are many embassies in the immediate neighborhood and a park within walling distance where one can jog or just go for a long walk. Stay here if you want a quiet and luxurious place to stay....I can see this as being a great place for a wedding or business meeting also.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family