“Relax and enjoy”

Eisbein & Company
Ranked #144 of 703 Restaurants in Pretoria
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Eisbein & Co. Willows Mall, Rossouw Street, Willows, Pretoria Tel +27 12 807 5990
Pretoria, South Africa
“Relax and enjoy”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

My wife and I often choose to eat out in a relaxed, comfortable restaurant with good food, great service and is value for money. The service is very good and of course the Eisbein is the House speciality and a great choice. The owners Juta and Ronald are always on hand to ensure service and quality.
466Copper

• Visited April 2014

South Africa
“Good german food”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Excellent eisbein and pork shoulder, crispy on the outside, tender meat. Low on character, but great for German food!

• Visited March 2014
Darwin, Australia
“Delectable German Specialities”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Ambience outside is a little ordinary and the inside seating rather dated and stiff ...but the food makes up for all that!

Delectable German specialities with generous portions is served.
You don't get to eat this sort of food which is almost 'home-cooked' in Pretoria, so this is certainly a place to keep in mind if you want to appreciate the authentic German kitchen!

Rye bread and traditional butterschmalz is served as soon as you order. The menu has a good variety of traditional dishes with a decent wine list.

The specials of the day are exceptional value for money! The veal schintzel was soft and delicious and the pork schweinsbraten with crackling was crispy-crunchy and bursting with flavour!

Speaking German is a bonus but not a pre-requisite; service from the owner to the waiter was hospitable and not over bearing.

And certainly one of the best made 'don-pedros' in the city made with real cream and good quality whisky!

Guten Appetit!

• Visited December 2013
Pretoria
“Food = Good/Reception = Bad”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

When I started with the idea of a group of people meeting for a dinner, the name Eisbein & Company came up. I visited the reastaurant with my wife. We had the eisbein for super and found the food to be good. The reception were not what I would call friendly BUT I thought it may just be because it was a quiet evening.
Made a booking for 23 people. Explained to the lady that we will mostly be strangers meeting for the first time because our only previous contact was on a FORUM discussion.
On the evening we arived and some smokers wanted to sit on the stoep area in order to smoke a cigarette whilst we waited for the balance of our group. The waiter was arranging to get enough chairs for us when the chef, whom I suspect may be the owner, entered and in a rude tone asked the waiter if he was going to get all 23 people around one table. Totally uncalled for, I would say.
We decided to go to our table in order to save the waiter any further embarresment. I ordered a beer and was then told that they dont do seperate bills. I spoke to the lady and explained that we need seperate accounts as we are mostly strangers and surely if they had 23 people seated at different tables it would be no problem. She stubbornly refused and said we need to sort it out amongst each other. What could I do? I told her in that case we are leaving and will go to another restaurant. She then agreed to keep seperate tabs per couple.
Later the evening the chef again made a round talking to the guest at each table EXCEPT our table even though we made up about 50 percent of his bussiness for that evening.
When we were through with our dinner each of our TAB owners went and paid our meals. No problem what so-ever.
Will Eisbein & Company see me again. A definate NO.
The food were good but to call the owners rude will be the understatement of the year.
Tienie S.
Pretoria

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Tienie S
Columbus, Ohio
“So disappointing”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

After having been to the excellent German bakery and butchery just down the road from this restaurant, we thought this would be a winner for sure. What a disappointment. Over-cooked food, stuffy atmosphere, poor choice of German beer...I could go on. It was a waste of time, and money. We left as soon as we could after the forgettable meal, never to return.

• Visited September 2012