“Very Practical for Pretoria Meetings”

Goodey's Guesthouse
Ranked #45 of 362 Pretoria B&B and Inns
Hastings, United Kingdom
“Very Practical for Pretoria Meetings”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I found Goodey's to be a really practical base for meetings in Pretoria. I had to split me stay as I was travelling to Swaziland during the week and Goodey's was really accomodating to my itinerary. The room was really comfortable and I loved the terrace outside for relaxing at the end of the day. Breakfasts were really hearty. Wifi was good and help finding things like taxis and restaurants was always available. Relaxed and welcoming. Highly recommended

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank CarlWKL

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Rustenburg, South Africa
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at Goodey's Guesthouse from 10 - 22 Dec 2013. The Guesthouse is conveniently situated within walking distance from the Urology Hospital where my husband was hospitilised. The location suited me perfectly, as did the amenities such as the intimate swimming pool. The beautiful interior decoration of Room 7 with it's kitchen, TV and radio made it feel like home from home. The service and cleanliness are outstanding. The friendly hosts, John and Hantie Goodey, give their Guesthouse a unique warmth,making their quests feel at home yet independant.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo

3 Thank Jenny M
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Having stayed in several GH around Pretoria this one has to be up there with best. A very quiet and safe place to stay with very good hosts. The room was especially well equipped for self catering and very clean with good comfortable bed. Would not hesitate to reccomend to any friends and will stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank MarkColl
Livingstone, Zambia
Reviewed December 5, 2013

The room was clean and the bathrooms is beautiful, and that will be my second home when I'm in Pretoria. I will also refer my friends and coleagues to experience what I did.I hope I will bring my wife one da

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are pefect
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Chris T
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed November 2, 2013

A lovely Guesthouse! Everything was just perfect from the the very comfortable beds to the lovely breakfasts. Located in such a beautiful area of Pretoria. Thank you Hantie and John for your wonderful hospitality. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Kim D
Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed in Goodey's Guesthouse the first two nights we were is SA. Everything was just excellent - the room was large and brand new, bathroom really huge and the service impeccable. We really liked the abundant and tasty breakfast.
Although we did not use the pool nor the braai area - the facilities are there in a really lovely inner yard. The surroundings of the guesthouse are very quiet and safe (many embassies) and as Pretoria is not a huge city and we had a rental car, everything was close by.
I definitely recommend staying at Goodey's and if I am ever again in Pretoria I would try to stay there again.

Room Tip: There are new rooms in a building next to the main house. If you manage to get a room there you will...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank EstTraveller
Warsaw, Poland
Reviewed August 10, 2013

I spent at Goodey's Guesthouse 3 months. The room and other fcilities were very quaint, comfortable and what was very important for me very clean. Service just great. I felt like being with my family. English breakfasts were nice and John tried to diversify them.
On the gusthouse premises there is a saunna, small swimingpool and place where you can make a barbecu. Guesthouse is situated in very silent area, everything around it is safy and nice to go for a walk.
The hospitality is great and I recommend this place

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business