“Great place, poor internet”

Faircity Grosvenor Gardens
Ranked #16 of 111 Specialty Lodging in Pretoria
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed here for near 1 week on business. Great location to get to either by car or train. Close to a good shopping centre so supplies were easy to get. Staff very helpful and willing to help in all matters. Rooms clean with a mini balcony and good cooking facilities. Only fault very poor internet connections, which makes work very hard to conduct. Would stay here again if internet was improved.

Room Tip: Ask if the internet service has improved if needed.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Ian W
Lukas_Faircity, General Manager at Faircity Grosvenor Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay at Faircity Grosvenor Gardens. We are currently busy upgrading the lines to ensure faster internet for our guests.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We loved staying there as a family there was plenty room, great kitchen for self catering. The bathroom while functional was a little run doom, no soap disk for either shower or bath (it is all in one). Will consider staying there again, very easy to find and most things we needed to do were easily accessible.

Would have liked an extra proper pillow on the bed.

Room Tip: The front rooms have a balcony on each side, small but great for coffee on the stoep
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Warren M

Thank you for the positive response. We will look into your comments for we strive to give only the best to our guests. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at the Grosvenor Gardens for two weeks while our travel visas were being processed and had a wonderful time. The room was large and well furnished with everything we needed to cook our own meals, the wifi was strong, and the location was perfect. We were able to walk to the embassy, take buses across town, and jump on the train for quick jaunts into Johannesburg. The staff were friendly and helpful, the bed comfortable, and there was plenty of strong, hot water. The only fault we found with the hotel is a nit really: one of the preschoolers who lived in the hotel likes to play in the courtyard, making typical kid noises and forcing us to close our window to work. Overall it was great! There was even a free clothes washer and dryer at our disposal.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GlobalRoad

We are glad that you had such a great experience at Faircity Grosvenor Gardens. Faircity Grosvenor Gardens is definitely n home away from home experience. Thank you for your support and we look forward hosting you in the future.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Short holiday in South Africa after a mini world tour was advised to stay in Pretoria instead of busy Johannesburg. Rooms where very clean and well presented. Near the Gautrain station that goes to the airport. Pretoria is beautiful with beaufitful garden. Very secure. Toilet was not flushed though on arrival!!!! We laughed a bit but we where was told to keep it quiet by staff, guess not good option if you have young children. Staff where super amazing!! I would do it again, but this time on my own. Cant get such amazing value for money in London, will be recommeding it to friends who desire to travel overseas to South Africa. You cant make calls from your room bettr if you bring your own mobile phone but staff are willing to help if needed.
Initially apprehensive as it was self catering 4 star but that no longer mattered after being there a while. Worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Lisa M

Thank you for the lovely review. Faircity Grosvenor Gardens is perfectly situated in Pretoria and offers the perfect self catering experience. We look forward hosting your friends and referrals.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I recently spent 12 wonderful days in Pretoria, and must commend the staff of Faircity Grosvenor Gardens for providing a safe and wonderful environment. My home base at the hotel was perfectly located, and when they say an ideal location, they mean it- two blocks from the Gautrain and Gautrain buses to get anywhere you'd really need, ample parking, and central location near TUKKS, Hatfield Plaza. When the locals praise you for your facilities, then you know you have a good thing going on. Could not recommend this hotel any higher, and certainly appreciate the welcoming nature of all the staff, and the incredible memories- may I get to stay here again some day soon!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank wildbrad
Lukas_Faircity, Manager at Faircity Grosvenor Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for a wonderful review. At Faircity Grosvenor Gardens service is our top priority. As you experienced, we are also perfectly situated in Hatfield, Pretoria. We are glad we could assist in building lasting memories and may we see you soon.

Regards,

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I travel fairly often between CPT and PTA. A friend recommended I try Grosvenor Gardens. I am very hands on with my travel arrangments. So I made the reservation myself. I was pleasantly surprised at the warm telephone ettiquette received from the other end. I was already bought over.
When I arrived I was greated and treated as I think Madiba would have been treated. it just made me feel very special.
The check-in was quick and efficient, fuss free.
My room had met my expectations. Perfetc to made my feel like I never had left my home.
I found the staff to be very freindly and willing to go the exra mile.
I will recommend this establishment to all travellers going to PTA.
My overall impression was awesome.
Thank you, Faircity Grovenor Gardens :-)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BR16

Dear Guest,

We are very please to receive such a positive response. We pride ourselves in good service and believe that Faircity Grosvenor Gardens is great value for money. The large apartments definitely makes it feel like a home away from home. We look forward hosting you again soon.

Regards,

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Although the spaciousness of the studio apartment was exactly as stated, the unit was dirty! There was still leftover food in fridge. The bin in the bathroom not cleaned out, the toilet wasn't flushed (disgusting!), the soap was used, there was no shampoo, etc and the coffee, tea etc.wasn't filled up! This left us wondering whether the linen was clean ....

Room Tip: Make sure your room has been properly cleaned and ask to be moved to another unit if not. We were ju...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank muggie8
Lukas_Faircity, Manager at Faircity Grosvenor Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear Guest,

At Faircity Hotels we take negative feedback very seriously. I would like to start by apologizing. No guest deserves an experience like this. I would like to mention that we changed to a new cleaning company on the 1st of December and that we have done a proper hand-over this week. New standards are put in place to ensure things like this doesn't happen. Also, my details are always available in reception to assist when guests have serious complaints. I would always be more than happy to assist and make sure your stay is as pleasant as it should be. Thank you.