Casa Toscana Lodge
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Kievits Kroon(Pretoria)
Illyria House(Pretoria)
$208
$176
Agoda.com
Morning Star Express Hotel(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$64
$54
SUN1 Pretoria(Pretoria)(Great Value!)
$40
Hotels.com
All reviewsnight experiencepre showromantic dinnerwonderful eveningrose petalsbridal showerstaff were professionalspa bathmain buildingbeautiful venueconference facilitiesgo the extra milebusiness tripeasy accessout of this worldexcellent stayrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 3, 2013

All of the staff and the entire management was rated excellent. It is only the conference hall that needs to be expanded to accomondate more people.I will surely visit again if I have the opportunity to do so. I will also direct anyone from Sierra Leone who wish to visit Pretoria to lodge in this wonderful place.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My university booked Casa Toscana for a night's stay while visiting the nearby NRF. I was placed in room 3 and could hardly sleep due to the noise from the nearby N1. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the aluminium window could not close properly and advised the reception. I would certainly not advise anyone on a business trip to overnight at Casa Toscana unless they use earplugs! The next morning I ordered the omelet from the menu and it the bacon was extremely hard, etc. I personally had a very disappointing stay at Casa Toscana!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked Casa Toscana for a night as it was my husbands birthday. The pics on the website looked wonderful and we were given a couples special at R995 for the room including a R400 dinner voucher and breakfast the next morning. The rate also included a foam bath and a bottle of champagne.

Upon arrival, the reception staff were friendly, however we noticed that there were no showers in the room, just a spa bath. The room was very poorly lit and looked dingy. There was also a very musty smell in the room that was overpowering. I enquired about the foam bath and was told that we had to run it ourselves - which was odd because why should it be offered then?

Needless to say, my husband and I escaped to a nearby mall as we didnt want to be in the rooms. The sounds of traffic from the highway was also very distrubing even though were were in the honeymoon suite (Room 9).

We booked a gazebo for supper which looked absolutely beautiful and was just what we expected. The food however was terrible. We ordered the sole boat and the lamb shank and were prepared to wait the required 30minutes as we knew the food needed to be cooked properly. The food came in 15 minutes which we were thrilled about, however, my sole was smothered in a sauce but the actual fish was not cooked propery. It was mushy and had that couchy uncooked taste, the lamb shank just tasted as though it was old meat.

Needless to say, we didnt order dessert. We advised the waiter that the food had been uncooked but got no apology from the manager. As soon as we got to our room, we packed our bags and left the establishment without spending the night. We advised the receptionist of the reasons as to why were leaving.

It was all in all a very disappointing experience and whilst this may be a good place for travellers I would not reccomend it for couples at all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Anette B, Owner at Casa Toscana Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Our aim is to exceed our customer's expectations, and we are very disappointed that we did not succeed in our mission with this specific client.

Our management team was in contact with the client and the matter was addressed after we received feedback from our Reception that the guest checked out the previous evening.

We have investigated the matter and have put systems in place to resolve the problem areas that the client highlighted.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I recently visited Casa Toscana for 1 night. It is well positioned to all the major roads and important land marks in Pretoria. It felt safe and not too noisy despite it's proximity to the major roads/ high way. Check- in was quick and efficient. I took a standard room and had a choice of three. In the main building it is carpeted and warm (better for winter) and in the out buildings it was tiled. Room 19 had a big flat screen tv but the outside window was too small and the room felt very dark. Room 17 was much more airy and much nicer atmosphere but only had small flat screen tv (I took the latter). The bathroom was neat and clean and just had a shower. There was small maintenance issues here and there but did not distract from the stay. There is a nice swimming pool and restaurant (the romantic Le Si restaurant). There is a chapel on site and wedding receptions is held at this venue. Definitely worth the stay (for short stays in Pretoria).

Room Tip: Room 19 standard room in summer and one of the main building rooms in winter
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed over for the weekend of our anniversary. What a lovely 4-star rated place. We mentioned to the manager when reserving a room that we are celebrating our anniversary and were given a "special" room. It was prepared with champagne and roses when we arrived.

We enjoyed the lovely dinner and nice ambience at the restuarant. Thank you for making our anniversary one to remember.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple