“Nature in the city”

Groenkloof Nature Reserve
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This Nature Reserve feels like you are out of the city, walking or bycyling through the paths of this beautiful nature, even though it is right next to a main road, great outing for families

Reviewed October 9, 2012

I did hear loads about this little park so I was all excited to see it finally. We started with a light meal at the restaurant Mojo and then drove around in the Nature Reserve. It was very quite in the beginning and maybe to a certain extend I was disapointed not seeing 'anything' except a few mountain bikers!

But then we started to see the giraffes, zebras and other wildlife - grazing peacefully in the quite hilly landscape of Groenkloof NR. I still have other favorites but I reckon it is a unique experience to hike & bike during observing wildlife. Good and diverse pick-nick areas, leisure & playpark for kids, pool and relaxing areas. The reserve is home to impala, kudu, blue wildebeest, ostrich, giraffe, red hartebeest and sable, as well as zebra, jackal, duiker and blesbok. The area is also rich in birdlife.

I will certainly go back with some visitors even though I found the entrance price a bit too high for what it is - again - compared to others in the area :-)).

1  Thank Macaquinha
Reviewed October 5, 2012

we decided to try the 4x4 track, my husband isn't anrexperienced in driving off road without an instructor, but it was tons of fun. We got stuck on one of the hills and luckily there was a couple of very helpful men who offered to help.

We saw loads of wildlife on our way round and got pretty close to the zebra's and giraffe's which were amazing.

If you are driving take a pinic or something and stop at one of the view points, there are amazing views not only of the wildlife but also Pretoria.

The mountain bike trails also looked good if you're into that sort of thing.

Definitely worth a visit if your in the area!!

2  Thank lainey80
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Where else bit in Africa will you find wildlife - Zebra, Giraffe, Wildebeest - to name but a few, while you are mountain biking or hiking. Fabulous mountain bike trails. Challenging hiking trails, or you can choose an easier route and 4x4 routes. Definately worth a visit. Picnic under huge trees after riding, driving or walking.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

You will see amazing views of the Pretoria inner city and wildlife. This is by far my favourite way to exercise.