“Popular place with a vibe”
Review of Eastwoods Tavern

Eastwoods Tavern
Ranked #132 of 715 Restaurants in Pretoria
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 5, 2012

To me it is just another pub-type restaurant, somehow it is very popular maybe because of the close proximity to Loftus Stadium.

There are newer reviews for Eastwoods Tavern

Reviewed February 28, 2012

Rugby and student clientele, food average, service average. Very close to Loftus rugby stadium

Reviewed February 2, 2012

A bit of a loud party pub but it has the best deals on a steak and a beer offers

Reviewed January 22, 2012

Near Lofthus stadion, I visited this place in December 2011. My South African friend and I had just found out Cool Runnings was gone and had stopped off to look at the stadion so I could see a rugby stadion. We drove away when I just beraly spotted this place over my
left shoulder. We drove over and went inside. Nice enough place, probably very nice for sportsfans. Nice pateo with cooling water sprinklers (it was around 36 degrees) and a view of a Pretoria street and a good mix of people (Rugby season over with I guess the place changed charactet). I spoke a bit to a nice afrikaa er crowd who were pleased to see a foreigner from Norway enjoy their excellent Castle Milk Stout (Not fond of Castle, I preffer Windhoek). So a nice chance to meet locals. Had an ok meatplatter with some pap (?) and lots of peri peri sauce. I would have loved to have stayed and wouldnt mind returning on a furure South Africa holiday!

Reviewed January 4, 2012

OK the food is not great here - cheap and cheerful on a normal day. Platters are not great on a rugby day. The atmosphere however is phenomenal. Booking essential if you want an inside table on a rugby day. Large tressle tables are set out in the back so you can always get a seat. Tables in the back cannot see a screen however.